1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Australian release

Discussion in 'Console' started by Inept, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Inept

Inept Member

i was just wondering if you could tell me the PS2 release date for VF4

and hi, my names michael

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

I haven't heard anything about a PAL version, but the American (i.e., English localized) version is late March (I think). I wouldn't think it would be too long after that, especially since VF4 seems pretty popular in Europe.

I don't actually know though. summers or myke may have heard something, being on the ground there.

grib.

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

I live in the U.S and stores answers to release dates range from 2-15 to 3-20-02. I have an import store close to me that gets the japanese version 2-02-02. Whatever, I'm not waitin for the U.S version. I heard from a sorta reliable source to be lookin 4 it in the land down under in mid march.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Hi Michael!

Just wondering do you ever go to Playtime?
    I met a Michael yesterday.. so that makes you Michael#3 or are you Michael#4?

I use the Lei Fei, Lion and Jacky.

Well anyway... show up at Playtime on Playtime 6pm onwards! Usually we have a pack of 5 players. So show up and bring some more players.

5. Inept

Inept Member

i have no idea what playtime is.

anyway i hope it is in mid march (or earlier) if it doesn't get an oz release then all my saving was for nothing

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Playtime is the arcade between HOYTS and Timezone on George St in Sydney. Theres dancing machines at the front and the VF4 machine is upstairs.

There are two machines upstairs. I recommend playing on the one at the back which is an original Sega4100 cabinet.

Look for Myke, Junior, Ken, Kim, Vansen(Ben), Cole.. these are the regulars.. we always have a scrimmage on Friday nights.

The more the merrier so show up there on Friday 6pm for lots of VF4 happiness!

7. sansan

sansan Active Member

The asian version (NTSC /J) will be our on 29-Jan while the Japanese one on 31-Jan. If you had a modified or J PS2, you should be getting the game really soon /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

According to UK "Official Playstation2 magazine" Europe will get VF4 in April.

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Dunno, but dont fucking bother to buy the gay PAL version, sony dos' not put 60htz modes in PAL PS2 games like Sega did with the DC, soo when it's finally is coming out, it's gonna have bordes on top and bottom and the speed of the game is gonna be gay, so I suggest you get a import Jap or US and play VF4 in 60htz like all videogames should be played..

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Offical Playstation2 Magazine UK also claims it will have a 60htz option too. Let's wait and see.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Offical Playstation2 Magazine UK also claims it will have a 60htz option too. Let's wait and see.

"Let's wait and see". Heh, those were my exact words when I was waiting for the PAL VF3tb on the Dreamcast.

I gave up on PAL a long time ago, and anyone who was serious (or crazy) about their gaming as I am would have done the same. The final nail in the coffin was when I decided to "wait" around for the PAL version of VF3tb. While all my friends had already bought the JP DC and were playing their imported VF3tb, I was determined to give the PAL version a chance.

So I remember talking to some guy at the local EB who showed me this thick, and nicely put together portfolio for the Dreamcast release. All I was interested in, of course, was VF3tb so I quickly turned to that section, and had read about the promised full-screen and 60hz options which will be in the PAL version. What had stuck in my mind the most was, that the 60hz was actually hand written in, over some white-out. Very suspicious.

Anyone who has seen the PAL version of VF3tb will know how bad it turned out, and I'm glad I picked up a US DC eventually with 3tb.

Of course, the way of imports isn't for everybody, but if anyone is in a position of taking the import route, then I'd strongly recommend it.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

From my prospective, PAL conversions are a lottery. Sometimes you get a decent port like DOA2 for PS2 that got 60htz to an abysmal port of a classic like Power Stone for the Dreamcast or Devil May Cry (I'm so pissed about those bloody borders!). Then, there are those amazing events where you get something better like the upcoming MGS2 which will have an extra disc packed with info and other minor tweaks.

The latter is a once in a life time event but I have faith. I too got my DC chipped to play US VF3tb but I'd rather wait before I spend £50.00 and null my warranty.

13. Inept

Inept Member

I've never played a game of virtua fighter in my life, i'm just very interested in this up coming release.
    so even though you guys may complain about some of the conversions i wont know what i'm missing out on and enjoy it.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I been playing imports since 1993 when the SNES ran hot after I found out that PAL was gay, and NTSC was way awesome in just about any way.