1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ayane combo question

Discussion in 'General' started by ice-9, Jun 18, 2000.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Chi-Combo FAQ...

<pre>-----------+--------------------------------------+---+---+---+--------------
    b+S+K | [ b+P > (BK) P,P,b+P,P,u+K ] | N | N | N | 80, 96,115
    | [ P > (BK) d+P > P,P,f+P,P ] | N | N | N | 86, - ,121
    | [ b+P > (BK) P,P,f+P > (BK) S+K ] | - | - | N | 84,101,122
    | [ df+P, b+P > (BK) P,P,b+P,P,u+K ] | H | H | H | - , - ,127
    | [ df+P > b+P > (BK) P,P,f+P >> | | | |
    | > (BK) S+K ] | - | - | H | - , - ,134
    -----------+--------------------------------------+---+---+---+--------------
    </pre>

In the above, I can't seem to get the df+P, b+P to float the opponent high enough from the b+S+K. I'm certain I high countered the opponent (on sparring mode) with the b+S+K. I have no problems using just b+P, but I would really like the extra 12 pts damage and extra "cool!" factor. /images/icons/smile.gif

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried delaying it a bit...

ice-9

2. Guest

Guest Guest

oops...

I think I made a mistake here. You'll notice that I list one of the combos as df+P > b+P. That's the right way to do it. Don't use the actual canned combo df+P, b+P. Guard cancel the first hit and treat both hits as seperate hits.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: oops...

Ahh, coolness! I'll try it out.

BTW, I have an extra Ayane combo that maybe you can add. Any time a (BK) P,P,b+P,P,u+K hits, you can substitute it for a P,P,f+P,K, even the big combo starting with the b,f+S. I haven't tried this on heavies, but it works on everyone else.

It takes slightly less damage (about 3 pts) than the flipkick version, but you may opt to use the above if you're not quite facing the wall and the ending roundhouse could push the opponent into the wall for additional damage.

ice-9

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Harold, I'm still having a bit of trouble pulling it off...is there a big delay between hits? Or is it just one after the other right away?

ice-9

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

b+S+K (Hi Counter) > df+P > b+P > (BK)PPb+PPu+K

As Harold already mentioned, you don't want the canned df+P,b+P but rather the two separate attacks df+P and then b+P. You don't want to delay either since the earlier you hit, the higher you'll float, so try to string the two separate moves as closely together as possible.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?