1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Back Crumples

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Genzen, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I pulled this from the 'System' page:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back Crumple

Typically caused by a mid attack to the opponent's back.

During a Back Crumple:

* the opponent is vulnerable to all attacks, although some high attacks may whiff
    * the opponent is vulnerable to Low Back Throws

After a Back Crumple, the opponent is knocked down in the Face Down, Feet Towards position.

Example: Most Sidekicks or an Offensive Move /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to the opponent's back causes a Back Crumple.</div></div>

Can anyone elaborate on this? Other than testing each move, is there a way to discern which moves will achieve this and which will not?

<u>Moves currently submitted to give back crumples</u>

Akira: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Aoi:
    Brad: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Eileen:
    El Blaze:
    Goh:
    Jacky:
    Jeffry: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Kage: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Lau:
    Lei: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Lion: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Pai:
    Sarah: STEP /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Shun:
    Vanessa:
    Wolf: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

All characters: OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (?)

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Not really. Basic sidekicks and OM K usually need mc or MC to side / backcrumple.

Aside from the usual CH sidekick or OM K there are a couple of others per character that also cause side/backcrumple. I only remember a few though.

Lei: b,f,f+P+K
    Jeff: f,f+K
    Sarah: STEP K
    Akira: b,f,f+P+K

Well, that's it actually. Those I'm sure of. Compiling a list might be a good idea.

(Now that I think about it mentioning the ability to cause side/backcrumples would be good on the movelist page.)

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Alright, well while we discuss it, anyone else who wants to post any moves of which they know cause a back crumple can do so, and I'll put them into the first post.

4. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I find with lei fei back crumples to be a little frustrating, as he has (that i know of) know real good strong combos to do against a back crumple opponent. Actually, an opponent is much more vulnerable in a side crumple vs lei than a back crumple. WTF. It would be nice if they gave every character a back crumple combo, to just add another layer of skill, depth, and dedication to masters of their character. It seems like the one or two moves i am left to do to a back crumple opponent with lei should cause extra damage. Do people think it would be OP for a move vs back crumple opponent to do 1.5X damage

5. social_ruin

also a fantastic back crumple, or at least set up for back crumple---and akira player can weigh in. Is when opponent is doing a rising and the akira user does his punch then sidestep move. I don't quite remember what next but it puts akira right behind u to back crumple. Akira users please clarify the sequence.

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Sometimes I feel like characters without low throws are banged in the ass when trying to do decent combos. Characters with low throws just come and get some whoop-ass damage done for a single input.

IIRC most characters had a P+K+G back low throw in Evo (Akira & Sarah at least) but not anymore.

As for that Akira set-up he can also do uramawari with 2/3 DLC but it's hard.

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Ev2 good idea, i never even thought to look for this property of a move. I'll look in eileen's move list to see what she has, but I'm pretty sure just her OMK will crumple.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Plague actually proposed this a long time ago, and my response was that if someone was able to provide the list, then I'll update the command list with the info.

Most character's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will produce a side or back crumple on either recovery counter or counter hit. Other character specific moves are:

Kage: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Brad: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

BTW, Ev2, you won't be able to edit your post after 8 hours, so either I or one of the mods will continue to update it.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm curious to know if there are any moves that produce a side/back crumple on normal hit, or do they all need to be a type of counter hit?

10. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I think Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does...

11. social_ruin

i think lei fei's 466pk does as well.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

All the moves in my post do on normal hit.

It seems like the trend is that if it's not a basic sidekick or OM K then it doesn't need counter.

I have a bit of doupt on that Goh one since it is his basic sidekick and I have a faint memory of getting staggers instead of crumples on people who decided to crouch in sideturn situation (no counter hit).
    But I'm not 100% sure of myself in this case and unfortunately I can't test now since I've a train to catch soon.

EDIT: IIRC Wolf and Jeff df+K does not cause crumple (though Wolfs basic sidekick b+K still does on counter). I know Jeff has something else than just f,f+K but I just can't remember which.

13. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I didn't know about the editing thing; I guess you'll have to deal with it then, Myke. Just don't make any grammatical errors because, if you do, I'll set an angry Jeff on you.