1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Backdashing - Monkey Style

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, May 23, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm looking into moves that on hit/block allow for a 44844 that will make at least the basic P, 6P, 2P moves of characters whiff or get evaded. This rabbit hole could be deep so when you're looking, pay attention to foot stance and junk. The on NH stuff in the case when she's negative are the most interesting to me atm because I've always thought of those moves as something to be avoided.

The real value of this technique is that when you buffer 44 you can input a 3 during the dash. So if you see ANY twitching you can press P+K and you'll get 43P+K to come out every time. I've been playing with this lately and it's very powerful technique.

In terms of overal strength of a setup here's my 2cents.

Blocked moves that are safe to 3K >>>>> Blocked moves >> NH Moves that are safe to 3K >> NH moves >> CH moves.

So if something works on block that's the best situation you can find. All moves unless listed otherwise will be safe if you do 44844. I'm specifically looking for moves that will make a 6P/2P/P whiff with just a single backdash. But I'll annotate moves as needed. This is a work in progress. This info will also likely be added to her wiki once it's done.

Here's what I got so far.

Against the whole cast on block allow for a safe backdash which can make stuff whiff:
    43P+K
    PK
    K

Against Eileen on BLock:
    214PK (I suspect this is cast wide)
    214P (I suspect this is cast wide)
    214PP (I suspect this is cast wide)
    46P (makes 6P whiff with just backdash also on akira , have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)
    46K+G (makes 6P whiff with just backdash, have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)

Against Eileen on NH:
    3P
    6P+KP
    6P+K
    214PK (6P will whiff with just 44, 3K will get evaded with 44844)
    214PP (makes 6P whiff with just backdash, have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)

2. Tricky

New additions to the list are:

On block:
    46P (makes 6P whiff with just backdash, have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)
    46K+G (makes 6P whiff with just backdash, have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)

On hit:
    214PP (makes 6P whiff with just backdash, have to 44844 to not get hit by 3K though)

3. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

For The Mids
    I think I did this right. Against Eileen on low block:
    3P+K
    This will allow you to (at starting range) do a backlash and punish with 46p. Note that I tested the whole cast based on what the cpu believes that characters "true mid" is. The mid will not always be 6p but get to that later.

So in both open and closed stances this works on:
    Eileen
    Lion
    Goh
    El Blaze
    Aoi
    Sarah
    Never try this against:
    Taka
    Pai
    Lau
    WOLF cpu responds his true mid is 33p and you do not want to get hit by that. For his 6P mid you'll get hit no matter the stance. His 3P will also hit. His 3P+K will launch you as well. Due to Wolf's size, at starting distance especially dont even try.
    Kage
    Lei
    Brad
    Jacky
    Stance specific, if the opponents resting leg is facing away from screen 3P+K will work in open foot position only---vice versa:
    Shun Di
    VANESSA cpu responds with Vane's 6K mid knee (both defensive and normal stances), If Eileen is to the right of the screen in open foot position and Vane's resting knee is facing away from the screen this will work she will whiff that 6K knee and you can punish. This wont work if you are in closed foot stance. As for her normal 6P in Normal stance you can indeed back-dash away from that and punish with 46p no matter the Eileen's stance. For Vanes 4p however she will hit you with that because of the range it has. As for her 6p in Defensive stance that will completely whiff im sure of that but using 46p to punish the whiff is questionable because Vane's 6pDefensive has quick recovery.
    Akira
    Jeffery
    Jean

Tricky likes this.
  4. Tricky

This right here fellas is how one breaks down match-ups. You learn what techniques do and don't work against given characters. This is the extra work that is Eileen, but it is also why we love her! Eileen ARMY is the best army. Maybe it should be Eileen Sailor Force since she does have the whole sailor moon the power of friendship thing going for her.

EvenPit likes this.
  5. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Oh something else cool a little off topic but if I didn't want to waste a thread on it but if you set the cpu to Guard and Counterattack with a mid against Lion and Eileen do 4 K+G cancel into monkey twist and you'll end up behind them with free PK or PP6P. So monkey twist jumps completely over Lions and Eileen's 6P.

beanboy likes this.