1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Backflip cancel?, Kage questions

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Oct 6, 2000.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey just wondering has anybody else seen this thing where you do a backflip (d,u/b) and then cancel it into another u/b move like a kickflip?,is it just for u/b moves or all u moves?, I remember seeing backflip cancel into pounce a couple of times.Oh yeah I'm finding it difficult to consistently do Kage f,P+G (or ura or whatever gets you behind opponent)into d+k+g into d/f k+g any tips? It's easy to get on Dural but for other characters it's pretty hard.
    Thanks for your time : )

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

this and that

Hey just wondering has anybody else seen this thing where you do a backflip (d,u/b) and then cancel it into another u/b move like a kickflip?,is it just for u/b moves or all u moves

For myself I would need you to illustrate the complete nature
    of the "cancel". Are you saying that the move, once started,
    can be stopped before it is completely out? I have seen
    players use a backflip (as with Kage) as bait, enticing an
    opponent to come in and attempt an attack or throw and then
    hit them with a kickflip but I have never seen a backflip
    cancelled. ever.

as for your other concern. f+P+G into d+K+G....well it would
    hardly be a guarantee and so the conditions that would spring
    from such a series could hardly be consistent either. So you
    would likely not get the inverted kickflip after the heel kick
    every time you met with the opponent's back.

Assuming you have access to a DC I would suggest you simply find
    out the conditions of the combo. Do you need a counter hit or
    can it be a natural hit? And after getting this simple information
    look for traps and entrances to situations that will allow that
    hit to occur.

Ura is easy to find out. I can't be too plain in this.
    It looks arcane but it is not. It may look hard but it is
    not. Play with it. Any time the opponent falls with their
    head not facing directly away from you they are
    potentially in trouble. Spend an hour and I'm sure you will
    have your answer.

GE

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

backflip cancel

Okay GE for backflip cancel you do the backflip (d,u/b) then you if your playing as kage for example you could do k about 4 frames after you enter the backflip command and you'll see the backflip start,then he'll go right into the u/b k,you can also do this with k+g for kickflip and I've seen this with pounces as well.I guess this could be usefull for something but probably not :)

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

pounce cancel

Oh yeah if you do d,ub+p (at least with kage) when your opponent is on the ground the jump animation of the pounce begins then is cancelled by the backflip,I'm not 100% sure that's the correct input for the pounce cancel but if you mess around in that area you'll definatly come across it quickly.I'm pretty terrible at Ura from a head towards position the only Ura I know of from there are the one's where you use some sort of attack and they get up backwards,Is there some sort of rule to head towards Ura you could tell me about?.I think I know a bit about side toward Ura from watching GE clip and from personal experience,there are two factors that I've noticed seem to effect it Number 1 if they are head down you dodge to their legs,and if they are face up you dodge to their head yes?.Rule number 2 when at their side dodge to feet to evade a high rising attack and to head for a sweep yes?,so for an Ura would you need something like,they fall head up side toward,they go for sweep,you dodge to head?.Thanks for your time

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: backflip cancel

been there since vf1. it's just a feint.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"