1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ban chucky?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    LOL!

Chucky, can you think of any reason why you shouldn't be banned?

3. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Wow - he digs up a couple of old topics...it's not a disaster.
    Not to mention I *prefer* 1 line posts. (So I'm in the minority; but might as well show there *is* a minority)

Funny you should mention "act like a man"....hah you aren't even using your usual name, whichever it is.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hah you aren't even using your usual name, whichever it is

It's not like anyone here is afraid to let chucky know how they feel.
    Anyway, digging up old posts is the least of chunky's sins - nobody suggests banning over THAT. Nor for one-liners.
    It's the content (lack of) that irritates the shit out of everyone.
    Mortal Kombat rules!
    I have lots of money to burn!
    Yah I agree LOL!
    Hey let's ICQ each other in Danish!
    Jacky is so cheap!
    Look at my cat!

... the only good thing about one liners is that it's theoretically possible to say things that sound just as stupid, but take two pages to do it.

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Is that you Chucky?
    Why are you trying to get yourself banned?

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you clearly have no idea of what you're talking about. either you've only read my earlier post, and/or one or two of chucky's posts, and just assumed the rest - that the nasty bitter old timers were getting on some poor over-enthusiastic chap's ass. total bullshit.

here's a handy tip: if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, then don't talk at all. click on chucky's profile, click on read all users posts, and THEN come back here and speak.

7. Murasame

I guess "irritating the shit out everyone" is suitable grounds for banning; but it doesn't apply to me.....
    btw: You usually get "content" the 2nd time around /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Murasame

Bungle I've been here about 2½ months, the most recent 2½ months, which is sufficient to know what the hell I'm talking about

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

two months isn't enough, although recently this has been the worst of it. try as i say. go look up his posts, especially 10/16/01. have fun.

in any case, it doesn't that change the fact that you're still either totally ignorant of chucky, or that you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, or that your standards for what makes a worthwhile post (one-line or not) are totally fucked up the ass.

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

2 1/2 months is nothing compared to many of us here.
    So when there is a call for someone to be banned
    WE HAVE VALID REASONS

11. Murasame

Has to be (c) my idea of a good post is fucked up the ass.
    It's not like I don't care - I genuinely don't see any problem....
    This forum would be worse and slower without chucky, as with anyone else....and the last thing this place wants is to be any slower
    Banning is very...FINAL...

12. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Ban moi too. Lousy losers.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

lol nope, it's not chucky /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ban moi too. Lousy losers.

I'd say, that's a good idea!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

This forum would be worse and slower without chucky

Slower - sure... but worse? Give me a fucking break. He has never posted anything useful. Without chucky posts at least I wouldn't have to sift through fuckloads of shit to get some decent read.

16. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Murasame sounds frighteningly like chucky.

And I agree that banning Lau Abuser is a good idea. (Since he just got to bring it up)

17. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Does anyone think it's easy;
    To be a creature of this world?
    To ask for reasons;
    When all reasons serve only;
    To make the darkness darker?

18. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Yes, I've got a reason, I'll miss him.

He is the star in my blue heaven. He is beckoning tinkle of fresh water. I burn with a flaming desire to read his words of wit. He is as a mother to this little lost boy spank my mind with words of sarcastic whipping.

Today I am runtting. Runtting is the old German game of making the most of little things.

19. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I really see your concern, but believe me, this has been under consideration a long time and the analysis has been very thorough.

I am, in most cases, against ban. I also see this as a 'last resort'. But what you have to understand is that Chucky destroys entire threads with his mindless bullshit.
    I don't mind some off topic threads now and then (although that about the cat of his wasn't a very exciting one) but what really pisses me off is the entries he makes in other people's threads.

For example, I asked once abt when the PAL version of VF4 was coming out, Chucky entered and singlehandedly turned the whole thread into a "I'm Chucky and I hate PAL!"-thread. Off topic entries can also be fun and interesting once in a while, but when you want an answer, you're really not interested in someone's personal opinions.

All of it escalated into "you swedish gay likes gay PAL!" etc, and by then, I gave up on getting an answer, as the real topic at hand was long forgotten by those who read the thread.

This, I may add, is not by far the only example of Chuckyness, there are loads more if you just open your eyes.

You should also count endless "me too" and "lol" replies, general spamming and post-editing "wtf? I didn't say that!" entries.
    It should be noted that he, overall, posts without thinking very much at all.

He contributes nothing, nothing,
    He's arrogant and mean (that does count too you know)
    He's shown no interest in improving at all.

There are other forums for the crap talk that pleases him to hear and use, this is essentially Virtua Fighter Dot Com, and we shouldn't take this kind of behaviour.

...Ban Chucky!

20. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I have an idea. Start a "Blackhole thread" A thread in which any and all users posting in said thread would instantly get banned. Kinda like a bug light...ZAP!!

Make it clear in the post contents that is exactly this threads purpose. And also to discuss MK and VS games.

Certain people that can't stop themselves from posting in every topic on the board would just fall in naturally at some point. There'd be no resisting the temptation to see what happened when you did post in THE BLACKHOLE THREAD!!!

Since you could only ever post once and that would be your last post on VFDC the thread would serve as some kind of memorial. Or like an idiot's hall-of-fame.

sorry...just a thought