1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Basara Combo Video

Discussion in 'Goh' started by hseiken1, Jun 21, 2013.

1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    I haven't seen this elsewhere...if it is elsewhere, then I'll delete the thread.

This covers ways to trick opponent to fall for basara as well as using basara's first hit defensively in some situations.

Shag likes this.
  2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    That was cool, thanks for sharing.

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I thought it was silly.
    The first example basically assumes that the opponent will just sit there with their thumb in their @ss while you hit them with one of your slowest mids from disadvantage. Assuming it would actually work like that why wouldn't you just 3K?

Second one you are just sacrificing guaranteed damage for a so-so mix-up. You could do that one even if you actually finished your combo properly, so why wouldn't you?

The third one is just suggesting to use Basara as abare vs throws. Might as well 1P+K for more damage.
    "Occasional lucky tsukamigaeshi"? WTF, really? If you are using basara to abare vs a throw then you probably want to execute it fast enough not to get caught by one. You want tsukamigaeshi optionselects then go with 4P+K+G.

The last one was actually mildly interesting but that was just because I never realized jumping K had such a bad hitbox. Really could have done almost anything at that video situation. Probably for better reward too.

I mean, no offence but IMO that video is just stupid.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Well its not really practical. Basara as itself isn't practical anymore. :(
    I go for it sparingly and have it in muscle memory to do it after a low punch cut.

But if you want to style on your opponent on landing Basara then it serves its purpose.

I wish more people would make VF related strategy/combo videos. Myself included. :oops:

5. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    @Shag, give the 46p+k->p~g to Basara a try. It seems like it would be effective against people who are expecting the 3rd hit who are passive on it. I know it's common to p or 2p out of it, but you never know. I think it adds to some of the mind games.

@combolammas None taken. I didn't make the video, I just found it randomly searching for VF stuff and thought I'd post it here. :) Seeing as how it wasn't posted anywhere else, it doesn't seem that player visits VFDC much. :)

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I know it's not by you. I just felt the need to voice my opinion that trying to find second rate uses for a second rate move is not very productive.

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Yup, Basara was a must use move in FT and VF5. (If you wanted to be a top Goh player anyway) It became utterly irrelevant in FS. It's only good for switching positions... Which is rare anyway...
    Having said that I need to get back into practising.