1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

basic "secret" stuff on PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by fagan, Apr 14, 2002.

1. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

This is a quick note on some of the “hidden†stuff on the PS2 version of VF4, just stuff that people ask about a lot and I figured I could compile some of the info on this board into one easy read (ALL the info in this post can be found somewhere on this web site … I’m actually stealing most of it directly from other post … so use the search function for more info)

How do I use … (this is basically stuff you can win by going up ranks … you can see which of these items you have by checking “status†in the character edit … to use these items you MUST load up the character that has them)

- VF 1 character … select your character using P+K and hold it till after the stage has been selected (when I do it I hold P+K till the fight starts just to be safe)
    - Training stage 1, 2 and 3 …when selecting the stage just go off the edges of the screen and it will select the training stages.
    - Old win pose 1 … after you win hold down P+K+G (I usually hold it right after the fight ends and I hold it till the win pose starts … I guess I’m kinda paranoid)
    - Old win pose 2 … same as OWP1 but you hold down P+K

Other stuff:

To change backgrounds one the title screen go into game options and use the shoulder buttons (L1 and R1) to cycle trough them…

If you beat dural in kumite you can use her in VS mode , but you MUST save the system file after you beat her … if not you’ll have to fight/beat her again (and that sucks)

Well that’s about it … I hope it answers some basic PS2 VF4 question (and if it didn’t then I wasted a few hours at work … so it’s all good in the end /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. cka

cka Active Member

You shoulda wasted another 2 minutes and wrote about the trophy item/icon for beating Trial Training. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Good idea.
    Some additions:

- VF 1 character …

Also if we're keeping this "basic" if you want to use the 2p outfit on the 1p side or vice versa, hold start down while you select your character. You need to hold the start or P+K button down until you see the character flash in the background for it to work.

- Training stage 1, 2 and 3 …

You also unlock the Hanger (Dural's stage) when you become a high king or emporer in kumite. It's selected the same way as the training stages, keep tapping left or right off the screen and you'll see all the unlocked levels available.

You need to have already selected a kumite character that has unlocked the above stages for them to be selectable at all.

Also, I've noticed that the music on the training stages is the same as Akira's dojo.

- Old win pose 1 …

You can choose between the 3 basic win poses by holding P, K, or G after you win a match.

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Actually, the music on the training stages changes constantly to whoever won the last match...

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Actually, the music on the training stages changes constantly to whoever won the last match...

Wow, I didn't know that! I was wondering how the stage music on the training stage was selected. =)

6. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

can you get the VF2 models for lion and shun di since they weren't in VF1 and VF3 model of AOI?

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

No, only VF1 models of the characters.
    VF2 and VF3 models would have been cool... oh well.

8. phreak

phreak New Member

How is this training trophy aquired? I assume you just finish the command training with a charactor. I have yet to find a "trophy" please explain

9. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

.....you have to complete all the "trial" training.....