1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

bay area vf - San Jose on Apr 6 (Sat) @ 4pm

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Apr 4, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

We're going to be meeting at Howard's place in San Jose this Saturday at 4pm.

Confirmed participants:
    - Akira T. (2PAoi =P)
    - Howard (segaduck)
    - Chris (FeixaQ)
    - Yusuke (Akapan)
    - Jason Cha (NBLion =P)

Other potential participants:
    - Don M. (Akira, can you confirm?)
    - Tony Hu (new guy, I'll confirm with him)
    - Tony Hu's friend (I'll confirm as well)
    - Nengli (I'll confirm as well)
    - Jason (jackybrothas -- please reply if interested)
    - Frank (mushen -- please reply if interested)
    - Joe (galzpanic -- please reply if interested)
    - Dave (Yamcha -- please reply if interested)

2. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

I can't make it this Saturday. I'll be in SF, Golden Gate Park!!! Ha ha, how ironic... Anyways, I need more work on my Pai so I guess it's another week of solo practice for me.

Have fun guys.

3. GalzPanic

GalzPanic Member

Well...I can come, but it would be a bit later. I'll be in Daly City until after 6pm. Feixaq I have your number so I'll give you a call when I get back home....thanks a bunch.

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I'm in Japan right now, so I won't be able to make it for while. Thanks for the invite though.

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

i will probably go but i probably won't stay too long.......

6. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

hey, whenever you have another VF event in SF, let me know plz /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

I will find out if Don is going on Saturday. More likely he will go.

8. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

New strategy!!! New strategy!!!

I've got to find the easiest way to beat your Aoi. Mmmm....

How about... starting to play 2P side Aoi? Does it sound a good idea?

9. VFElf

VFElf New Member

Hi there,

Today I went to the Golf Arcade at Sunnyvale to play vf4. Someone told me you guys are playing this Saturday. May I join you guys? My name is Ben. I usually use Lau, Pai and Akira. I'm looking for good vf players.

10. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey Ben,

Were you at SVGL last night on Thursday around 7-8 PM? Were you the Lau/Akira beating up my Pai? Choiboy and I thought you had a really good Akira =) Sorry we had to leave early, but I didn't bring my tokens that evening and I didn't want to keep leeching them from my buddy G. Besides, we were all hungry hungry hippos =D

So did you continue to beat up the other guy as well? Man, you made us spend a lot of tokens! Well, I think you need to contact Howard (segaduck) and pass the non-scrub test from Chris (Feixaq) to join in on the fudd & games on Saturday. Something I'm sure you won't have a problem doing so. They usually play in SJ and SF, respectively at one of their VF-homes =) Besides, they're looking to recruit good Akira players to the group. If you see the other guy, you should tell him as they are recruiting a Vanessa player to their group as well for a well-rounded diverse game-play.

I'll only be at some SJ events from now on, which doesn't include Saturday. But you'll meet a great wolf player named Yusuke (akapan) and he's been doing his homework as of 3 AM finding new strategies to continue the rage so that he doesn't lose more matches *muwahahaha* Prepare and good luck y'all *gambatte*!

11. VFElf

VFElf New Member

Sounds Interesting. what is non-scrub test about? I left early after you guys were gone. I just wanted to use up my tokens. I guess people here are quite enthusiastic in vf4, so do I . Is there any way I can find Howard? I live in San Jose, so it won't be a problem for me to attend the SJ competition as long as the time is allowed.

12. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

higeki-sarah is here!

Err... ok. Anyway. Whasup guys? I just picked up vf4 console and I've been practicing my Sarah and Wolf (picking up Kage again... ahh the VF3 times... err nm). Anyway... what's up? I really want to get some serious practice in. What/who do I need to contact? Chris? Howard?

Also... anyone gonna be at SVGL tonight?

ben

13. VFElf

VFElf New Member

Re: higeki-sarah is here!

Hey ben,

it's kinda confusing for other people cause my name is Ben too. So probably we need to find a way to distinguish our names. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I am new here to this board but I think I can be at Golf Arcade tonight from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. If you want, I can meet you there.

14. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Re: higeki-sarah is here!

!!! ANOTHER BEN!!! THE HORROR!

Oh... I mean, sup dude?! Hehe.

I'll be there tonight practicing my Sarah, Kage, Wolf. I'm a white guy, about 6'1", usually unshaven (lol!), earrings in both ears (two on left, one on right... UGH second one on right needs to be redone!!! but that isn't important!). Anyway... I'll be there. If no one is on VF4 I'll be on CVS2.

ben

15. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you guys

VFelf and tragic.

Hopefully you guys will be able to make it to meet this Saturday. Everyone I've met so far is really cool and no one really has an attitude problem (expect maybe for me... LOL). Too bad I won't be able to make it. =( If not, there will be other times. And from what I understand, not many people play at Sunnyvale anymore because the joysticks there SUCK and why pay and you can play for free!!! (after the initial cost of $85 dollar joysticks, ps2, $50 game, and a 36 inch tv.. LOL)

16. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Re: Nice to meet you guys

There's something to be said about spending your tokens and meeting new players at the arcade. It's part of the VF experience even if it costs some tokens. I agree the sticks aren't always optimal, but it's the people who make the game and experience fun =) We wouldn't be here had we not all met at some point at the arcade or through it @_@

Wow! 2 Bens at SVGL! Dang, that's like double dragon or something @_@ To both Bens, your best bet is contacting Howard (segaduck) as he's one of the nicest guys to welcome all to his VF-haus. As for the non-scrub test, you'll have to ask Chris (Feixaq) about that and who he feels is worthy and knowledgeable enough to invite. I'm sure both of you will pass although Ben you might want to be careful with Feixaq's hori stix =P Better yet, you might want to bring your very own joystick just to be safe.

We should have fudd & games with TGIVF - VF 4 fun =) People can just play, try out new combos, and eat yummy fudd =D We should have Saturday dim sum too =) I think Saturday's are more tourney like events. Well, good luck to those at the tourney on Saturday. Man, Howard, Akira, and Yusuke all doing their homework on new strategies . . . I can't wait to see the clips @_@

17. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmmm the only thing that sucks about going to arcade is going and there's no one to play... hehe i've been to svgl a lot and i seem to always go when there's no one there and when i don't vice versa.... i don't think there's anything wrong with the sticks at the svgl arcade (i got used to it i guess) but the crack on the cover of the screen is distracting (made by i dunno who but seemed really pissed at the game).... well anyway like i said i might be there today hope to see/challenge all of you.

18. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

HOWARD! WHERE ARE YOU!?

Hehe. I want to play!

Jenny... I play on a pad... I have yet to find a stick I like for VF on console =/.

ben

19. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai

Hey Benny,

I'm getting my VF4 hori stix from Toys N Joys, but I heard from somebody that they just ordered from Buyrite.com. Maybe they restocked again? I heard the TK4 hori stix are good and cost-effective, but of course I want VF4 hori stix with the VF buttons. If I can find yellow pai joystix I'd be on cloud 9 =P I need to decorate mine *whee*! Maybe try the TK4 stix since you play more games and need the extra buttons?

Howard lives in San Jose maybe 10-15 minutes from SVGL. We're thinking of TGIVF where it's VF 4 fun! Howard's got a kitchen so I'll even bake curry dumplings *tee hee*. I still owe you 2 batches siLE =b

20. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

ERP!

Hehe nm Jenny! I can't go. Both Chris and Howard don't like meh... so it doesn't look like I can go to any gathering hehe. Maybe we can hook up and play somewhere else sometime. I'd really like to play Akira T., Cha, and Yusuke to see if I've learned anything since I last played competetively. Lemme know when you're free!

ben