1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

bay area vf - San Jose on Apr 6 (Sat) @ 4pm

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Bay Area Gathering 2002?

Hope last night's games went wonderfully well/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I am curious though... given the active scene, enthusiastic participants, and a location full of entertainment (though spendy)... Has there been any consideration for the Bay Area VF and local VF players to host one (if not "the one") big gathering in 2002?

-Chanchai

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Re: ERP!

Ben, you're kidding me right? They're actually not inviting you to their VF gatherings? Man... you should organize your own!! Grab your VF friends from SVGL and Jenny, have your own party! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

hehe sup Moby. It's cool. If they don't wanna invite me they don't have to. I don't really get along with Chris I suppose, and I probably just make Howard feel uncomfortable =P (It's his house! He can invite who he wants!). No big deal, I'll hook up with cha, jackybrothas, jenny, new ben (I met him the other day at SVGL), and hopfully Akira T., Don, and Yusuke.

Sarah is cool.

ben

4. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai

Hey Ben,

I guess I'm not the only one who feels left out *sniffles*, but it's all good. We don't need them to have VF4 fun! We'll just start our own li'l group of VF chickies who kick butt =b Pai packs a might mean punch, Aoi break dances with their bones, and Sarah kicks the living daylights outta them =) There's a group of Pai, Sarah, and Aoi players that we can drag for TGIVF.

Well, you're welcome to my place if I ever get a TV and settled =) I've finally got a PS2, VF4, and memory card. I'm just waiting for my VF4 hori stix and where and when to buy a TV @_@ Although I might ask you to bring your own Serra stix tee hee especially if I make my stix all Qte and stuff with pOkEmon and UsagI stickers! I'll try to bake some curry dumplings for our TGIVF mini-gatherings of VF 4 fun & games =) Don't worry Ben, just be siLE =b

P.S. - Moby, sad to say . . . there are people who don't like Ben and siLE me so we'll take you up on your advice! Either we're too scrubby . . . or too good and siLE *muwahahaha* J/K! Who cares about them and their need to win to prove their VF self-worth when we play for the love of the game *whee* =) Now, when are you going to move back down to the Bay Area to join us siLE? =P Genentech is hiring! I've met the CEO of Genentech, who is also on the board for Apple, and I can try to put in a word or 2 4 ya! I want to borrow some of those Batman comic books from your library tee hee @_@

5. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

I still use a pad!!!

Hrm... curry, is that good?

I'm still workin' on Sarah... one more rank to go, then she's ready for business hehe.

ben

6. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Re: bay area vf - TGIVF/PF: Fudd & Games

Hey Benny,

We should have VF, PF, and Beatmania gatherings on TGIVF =) Anybody know where I can buy unused copy of PF? I just saw the new Parappa on PS2. It's Qte!!! It'll be fun fun fun! Plus, we don't have to worry about the snobs who have tribbles against us in PF & Beatmania. You rock them in Beatmania and I'll toss out my ragdoll heads in PF with "LOVE 4U!" *muwahahahaha*

7. BentLee

BentLee Member

Oh snap!! I just caught wind of this thread, and I seriously want to go. Seriously. Although I'm an unknown on this board (and every other board aside from GI.com for that matter), I think that this would be a great chance to get my foot in the door and meet some solid comp. So where can I take the aforementioned scrub test? j/k

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: bay area vf - TGIVF/PF: Fudd & Games

I need to have VF4 party...or curry dumplings...or home cooked food....

Moving to bay area is definitely not a option for me right now siLE :p

9. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

yo.

BentLee, you near Sunnyvale? We could meet up there and have a few rounds or two. AkiraT is gonna be there this friday, and maybe he can drag Don away from magic: the gathering to bring another player around. Lemme know if you can make it!

ben

10. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

Re: yo.

so what time is everyone meeting up on friday (april, 11)??? i'll most likely be there in the afternoon (2pm) till night or so.. hope to see everyone there...

11. BentLee

BentLee Member

Actually, Friday is the 12th :p

And I'm nowhere near Sunnyvale. I'm about 3.5-4 hours south of yall.

12. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai

I won't be there until 5 or 6 depending whenever i get out of Genentech. I'll bring my tokens and my memory card *whee*. I'll try to bug Yusuke and give him a lift down to SVGL. Whoo-hoo! I get to eat corndogs! I love TGIVF =D