1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Area VF

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by cooks94, Apr 10, 2002.

1. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

I lookin for some Bay Area VF players around the ages of 13-18 i found some but there 20-30..... im 14.

2. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

where do you mean by bay area.

3. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Places like SF, San Mateo, Redwood City or anywere around there

4. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Well, I live in Belmont which is right near San Mateo, and yes I'm older. But you're more than welcome to join us =) There's no such thing as age discrimination =D Besides, I haven't adopted a li'l sib in ages =) Although I wouldn't be any good at teaching U VF but maybe feeding ya yummy fudd =D

5. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

i'm 18, and so are most of my friends.

We just started playing with Chris(FeiaxQ)

Besides, what's wrong with playing with dudes older than you? You then have an exuse to lose..:)

6. Munki

Munki Member

Me and a friend of mine just started playing alot. We are both in the Petaluma area. Where do you guys meet?

We are both older. (Man I hate saying that! Makes me feel ancient). Better term - We are both in our 20's. (whew, that's better)

=-)

OooK

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Actually, we did invite Andrew (cooks94) to join us on Tuesday. He wanted to attend the gathering, but he couldn't because his mom felt it a little odd that a group of guys like 10-15 years older sent an invitation to him over the Internet to play a video game.

Well, I guess I might be a little concerned too if I were a parent and some (relative) strangers 10-15 years older than my teenage son invited him over to play games. =P Thus, Andrew's call for people who are closer to his age group...

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Munki -- check your PM.

9. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

hmm, oh well, i guess it only leaves more space in your apartment /versus/images/icons/smile.gif hehe.

10. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Well, there's a small group of us that meets for TGIVF at SVGL. We're trying to find a place for the VF gatherings, but we haven't found a place. It's pretty much fudd & games =) Once I get settled, we can have our shrimpfest right Benny? Man, we play Beatmania and PF too =) You're welcome to join us =)

Pai~Chun likes this.
  11. m_3

m_3 New Member

Hey all. I'm new to this forum and relatively new to VF4 (been more of a tekken player for the past few years). I was wondering where I could go to compete against other vf players in the bay area-particulary in the SF area (I live in downtown SF). Please realize that I won't be much comp since I am still learning the game. One thing I learned tho (from playing tekken) is that u can't get better without getting beat down first =P Hopefully I get the chance to meet and play against some of u local vf pros.

l8terz

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

m_3, check your private message mailbox. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Yo Mark. When you coming back down to SVGL area? We should hook up at matk's house and get crazy on a Sat or something like that... play all night. We also gather on fridays at SVGL as well. Lemme know whasup.

ben (tragic)

14. m_3

m_3 New Member

Hey wassup Ben. I've been down in SJ quite a bit lately actually. Been meetin up at Bronson's pad since he finally got his t4 cabinet. We pretty much only play t4, VF4, and SSBM. I have a problem with headin down on Fridays (have no1 to watch my daughter) but we should definitely hook up on a Sat some time soon. I've been wanting to battle u again since u tore me up pretty bad last time wid yer Sarah. Just curious to see if I've improved any since then. Anywayz, jus drop me an email at m3@tekken.cc so we can set sumthin up.

l8terz

15. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Ohh ok. Didn't know you had other pressing matters to attend to on fridays. Lemme know whenever you wanna hook up. Have Andy give you my cell and drop me a line whenever. I'm down to play any time on almost any day hehe. Hey, I'll be up on the city on Sunday, gonna watch Musa at the Kabuki with some friends (Korean movie w/ Zhang Zi Yi in it!!!!!!) hehe. Anyway, drop me a line.

ben

16. Kobe_Masahiko

Kobe_Masahiko New Member

hey, im from SF or near there i think, who wants to battle me, i just started playing, though. anyways im 18 and who wants to fight, i cant go to svgl too far still,

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey man, we're playing today (Saturday, Apr 27) in San Francisco! Check your private message mailbox...

18. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

I'm 14 and from Vallejo, which is like 40 to an 1 hour drive from SF,but I haven't played the arcade version tho I have the Ps2 version.

And FeixaQ did you ever work with EGM ? cuz I saw your user name in the VF4 poster

19. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Is there still comp/players from San Francisco? I'm a newcomer to this game...very willing to learn it, esp. after watching Evo2k3's high level of play...

Jebus - Sometimes I come up to Vallejo...are you down?

20. NewBassHippo

NewBassHippo Active Member

Another San Francisco player here, looking for some people to play with.