1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bayonetta

Discussion in 'General' started by Tha_FeauchA, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Anyone here gonna grab this game?

I know/read it was shown at the TGS09' thing but I didn't really follow any of that. And I searched for it here but didn't see anything bout it cept Shinobifist mentioning it in a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 thread.

I just read about it a couple days ago though in a GI mag. Decided to youtube it and damn, this game looks like it's gonna be dope as fuck. From what I read, the dude that's the Director for this game was also the Director for Resident Evil, Viewtifull Joe and Devil May Cry. This shit looks like some God of War/Devil May Cry type stuff along with it's own flavor too type shit. I'm getting this on release day for sure.

Apparently her hair is her outfit and she can do some pretty sick moves/combos with it along with the rest of the badass shit she can do.

Another pretty cool thing too is that it's published by SEGA. If they're hurtin in the $ department, this game is bout to make SEGA some bank! Gauranteed platinum game, no doubt about it. Shit will probably go platinum in a week. It's for PS3 and Xbox.

From what I heard/read too is that it got a 10 out of 10 score in a few different mags. Including some Japanese magazine (or some shit) that is supposivly pretty tough on giving games good scores. That don't really matter too much though to be honest, I mean it does mean something but just cause some reviewers like or don't like a game doesn't mean you will or won't too. Just depends if x game flows with your style. I remember way back I seen a score in a mag bout that Bruce Lee game and they gave it a 4.5, I thought that game was hot though lol.

Anyways, here's a lil gameplay clip and sample of (i'm guessing one of the many) things she can do with her hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1L6UlNLYfw

2. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

If my friend gives me a good deal on his 360, I'll be getting this.

The PS3 version looks like ass.

3. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I think you're talking about Famitsu. Unless I'm mistaken, Famitsu's reviews are done by four different people, each giving a score out of 10 with the combined score being the out of 40. The 360 version got the full 40, while the PS3 got a highly respectable 38 (there are supposedly framerate and graphical issues).

I've played the demo, and it is quite fun. It's incredibly Devil May Cry-esque, so if you enjoy those games, you're pretty much guaranteed to like Bayonetta.

4. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I tried Devil May Cry when I was younger and it was too hard for me. Recently I got some "backup copies" for PS2 from my friend. I liked DMC4 on PS3, so I figured, why the hell not try DMC3... and I did. And I fell in love so I quickly followed with DMC and DMC2, and even if they weren't as good, fuck it. The style of game, the challenge of it (difficulty) AND the main character (yep, even Nero) is awesome.
    So if this game is even half of any Devil May Cry, I'm freaking getting it!

I've seen tons of videos with the babe attacking with her hair, creating beast and monsters out of it among other things. And while she does that... the hair goes off of her... almost revealing one of the hottest naked babes in video game history.
    For me, such a fast paced action game is a must have!

5. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I'm defiently getting the game when it comes out ^_^

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Just gotta post...

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sw6aDMw7e0w"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sw6aDMw7e0w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

7. TheUgg

TheUgg Well-Known Member

Is your Av Nyjah Huston?

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    kid is straight gangster man

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Demo was awesome, need a release date now... keep getting tempted to import the PS3 version.

10. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

Kid is straight overhype man.

But then again, here I was expecting him to be Rodney Mullen material.

[​IMG]

11. TheUgg

TheUgg Well-Known Member

Yes, yes he is. So much talent.

12. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yea I haven't played DMC in a long time also, I think DMC2 was the last one I owned. I remember it was pretty sick though with the whole moves thing combined with the guns. And this chick has guns on her shoes for high heels lol (no idea how she shoots em but who cares right?). I imagine she'll be able to do some pretty gnarly shit.

She is pretty easy on the eyes too(can't remember whenever they made some ugly chick for a main character though lol). And i'm glad they didn't give her big ass tits too, I mean i'm a fan of big tits but it's nice to see something a lil more realistic/common on a girl character. Me personaly don't see too many females walking around rockin DD/DDD's lol. I like that about VF too since that's the one of the only fighting games where they aren't over exposing the female characters unlike DOA, SC, Ninja Gaiden series, and Cammy rockin a thong in SF. Btw, anyone notice how in VF you can make the american girls look a lil sluty but the asian ones keep a more conservative look? lol. Besides in VF5R where Eileen gets the mini skirt, wonder why she gets that item [​IMG](sarcasm[​IMG]).

13. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

I got access to an early 360 downloadable demo thanks to a Sega Pass membership I'd forgotten I had. All I can say is, wow... pure gaming nirvana.

I had been pretty tepid on this game based on the tone of the hype and the fact Sega hasn't put out a game that interested me since VF5. But wow, after actually playing it, it feels more like a Sega game than anything I've played since the fall of the Dreamcast. Even if this is just a Devil May Cry clone (which I never actually bothered to play anyway), I'm still sold on it.

14. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Ah, according to Wikipedia, you are indeed right that it was made by the same person. The reason I think this game feels so Segaish is the fact that it reminds me so much of the presentation and style of games like Virtua Cop and Burning Rangers. But maybe DMC was influenced by those games to begin with.

As for the AI, you're right in that it's not nearly as ruthless as it could be, but really all the demo gives you are some introduction levels. It's not surprising the game is a somewhat merciful at the beginning.

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

You can actually download this PS3 demo on PSN JP, and it's really good as long as you like DMC.

16. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I'm super pissed. I didn't get the damn code and I registered and everything... oh well I'll wait till Dec 3rd for the public demo. rant rant!

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah I can't wait to try this out man. I got my code yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to download it and play. I will tonight though and I hope this game lives up to the hype.

In regards to the level of difficulty, if it's made by Mr. DMC himself then trust me the AI will not disappoint in the long run. For anyone who has played the DMC series hardcore I'm sure they can all tell you that DMC1 on Dante Must Die mode ain't no joke, but god damn it was a lot of fun. When I finally beat the last boss on that damn god level I was so happy. While I haven't played all the way through DMC4 from the little I have taste I'll still say DMC1 is the hardest.

Mundas was so cheap with that invincible meteor shower type attack that he could use over and over. All you could do was run around the stage dodging and jumping for your life. I remember once when I had him down to like 1 combo of life for the win and the fucker just kept using that move over and over. I pretty sure it was like over 10 times in a row and my friend who was watching and already beaten Dante Must Die mode was just laughing his ass off because he went through the same shit.. Damn it was hard, but it was worth all the pain and suffering when I finally won. I'm pretty sure I had over 110 hours logged in that game that's how much I played it. I just couldn't put it down. hehehe I still have my game save too on a PS2 memory card. I refuse to erase it or discard of the memory card. [​IMG]

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

If anyone wants this now and didn't get it through the Sega Pass, then you can just get it off a torrent site like mininova. All you need to do is burn it to a disc.

Here's a guide to burning a demo... http://digiex.net/programs/1251-how-burn-files-folders-cd-dvd-blu-ray-disc-using-imgburn.html

After you've followed the steps in the guide, all you have to do is put the disc in and then go to game library on your 360 dashboard. The demo will show up in there [​IMG]

19. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Reminder that the demo is now available to all at the PSN Store and Xbox Live.

20. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    I played the demo of this game earlier today and thought along the lines of...

Hmm nice combat system, slick moves, looks beautiful but...

The main character is another heroine for lame teenagers to have a hard on over. Firing with your feet is beyond "stupid." I don`t mind games as a means of escaping reality but this combination just upset me. Although it does play great. (even for the veterans out there.) The combination of heroine characters/shit story lines seems like it`s thrown out to sell.

I just feel more games should be made with more passion. Saying that I am a hypocrite with shit games on my profile lol but hey it`s just my opinion.