1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Tribe Cup March 20, 2004 (Call to US Players)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shou, Dec 16, 2003.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Beat Tribe result

expect a big ass update from me todae XD

2. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey all,,,

i'm still here and got some great blossom shots with a guide...
    can you burn me a copy of Ake's pics,,,
    and ill send you a burned copy of mine ???

miss you guys ,, was a lot fun ..

i don't know why ,, but you guys made it fun in the hotel..

i'll post some thoughts later,

koyo-stino

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Akebono, thanks for sharing the pics! Some had me in stitches /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW, is something wrong with your hand? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

LOL, I dont have steady hands at all. If you have ever met me you know IM figity and my hands shake so, some of those pics are blurry because of me sorry. Other times the camera just couldnt auto focus right. But most of time it was me. Sorry about that.

5. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

I told him to put jerky's cock down before taking pictures, but he just wouldn't listen.

6. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

stino, thanks for the comments. Yeah, it sucks we couldn't stay longer. I did want to catch the cirque with you guys. Perhaps I can come to Chicago in the fall to hang out with Cyc Aoi at the pinball championship. Perhaps you can come along with us as well.

7. stompoutloud

More japan stuff:

*Me, Madrox, Marc, and Akebono were going to go to Rappongi. We had heard it's an area filled with gaijins and tourists. So we were all hanging out at Shibuya hightech land and than we went up to kazu and told him that we were heading out to Rappongi. Kazu's first response... Why? So we said, we wanted to go and look around and Madrox wanted to get some alcohol. So Kazu runs up to kyasao and says something in japanese. Kyasao comes up to us and says, Why, you go to rappongi? We replied the same thing. So than Kyasao tells Heruru what our plans are. Heruru says, why? Finally Madrox, marc, and Akebono and I are now scared as shit to go to Rappongi. We change our minds. Than Kazu is like... no no no.. you guys can go. Just be careful. hahahah What the fuck is that? So naturally we didn't go.

*Jerky had a freaking awesome decription of Moonsuk aka Pos akira before we even got to meet him. He said, "basically Moonsuk looks badass playing vf. He's got his cigarette in his mouth and he beats someone a round and then blows out smoke in between rounds. After another round victory, he gently lays his cigarette on the ashtray and owns some more." Classic commentary from Jerky.

*quotes I remembered people saying...
    Jerky: "Losing to Ani Sarah, makes me depressed"
    Stomp to Adamyuki: "Sorry Adam, nice try but Haijin mind fucked you so hard, I felt the strokes"
    Akebono to Shun at the train station: "Are you sure this is the right train to get back home?" Shun replies: "Yes, if I am wrong, I will cut off my head"

*there is this new shooter that is out in the arcades that everyone is playing. It starts with an "E" I believe. Well, Heruru was telling me that for the ps2 home version, there is an extra character and that he might be voice acting that character. I don't know the name, but shooter fans can help me out.

8. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

My quick points about japan trip::

what i hate:
    hard to find a garbage can and am walking with trash all over the place.

when i felt one with the japanese:
    as we got off a train to transfer to another train,, everyone made a sprinters dash to catch the last train..

favorite VF moment:
    Watching Kazu going crazy as he translated for japanese to english,, for americans to japanese...
    and then trying not to tell akebono what to tell the hot chicks... Kazu is so great to be so patient with everyone.

favorite gift i'm bringing back:
    the hot guy key chains that all the girls buy..

great-stino

9. stompoutloud

Hahhaa.. Stino.. those key chains are gay as hell. I can't believe you bought them for yourself and posed that it was for your sister! hahahahha jk /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

11. stompoutloud

Yeah, that's the game. He sounded really excited about the opportunity as well. I knew someone knew the title of that game. There were some really good players in Japan on that game. I would stand and watch them play a good 25 minutes before they even died once.

12. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Holy Shit, Homestay akira is a badass at shooters according to your article there zero-chan. Awesome, funny I didnt see him play a shooter at all while i was there. That espaluga game looked fucking hard, but nothing was cooler than seeing this chick in shinjuku sportsland just completely fucking own ikaruga!!!! That was awesome

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

THE 6th VFR BEAT-TRIBE CUP results:
    http://localstar.power.ne.jp/6thbtcup.html

I asked a friend for a short summary of the actual event as it appears not many people have talked about it. So here's what he said:

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I checked the BBS where someone posted some results of the
    BT cup while it was on, and also some other put detailed reports of it.
    According to those, one of the international team that had Pos Akira did
    not do well and lost at the qualifies before the block matches. ShinZ's
    team could join into the block matches from the beginning and finished
    at the 2nd in the pool. So they went to the Wild Card tournament, where
    only one player from each team played the tournament. Although ShinZ
    played pretty well, he unfortunately met Chibita at the final of the
    tournament and got raped.

One of the dark horses at this time was the team called "Lions",
    which beat "Think Punk" in the pool, Napoleon's team "Eikoku Byouin"
    in the Playoff and also Tsuchikumo's team in the final tournament!

Of course Ohsu's team had tough games such as against "Shinjuku 2P+K"
    or "Think Punk", they met Haijin's team at the final and Minami Akira
    got the revenge on Haijin Jacky since the last offcial tournament finally!
    Sounds pretty dramatic huh?

Everybody that went to watch this Cup said it was really exciting, and
    still enjoyable for me only by reading these reports. I really want to
    get a DVD of this but it always takes long time till it's on sale.:(

[/ QUOTE ]

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

slight correction...it's no biggie but shinz wasn't raped.

Perhaps because I was there right next to him n saw how hard he tried...so the word 'raped' kinda hit me on a personal lvl. Lost to Chibita yes, raped by Chibita no.

All of us present at the machine didn't feel that he got raped...we came to the conclusion that it was a pretty tight match...Shinz was leading Chibita at one stage. except in the final round where shinz did a command error...that caused the downfall.
    Stupid Akira standing low k >.<

Apologize in advance.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S oh yeah, my version of the CUP is coming soon hahaha!

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Thanks for the correction summah. I guess it's the result of having 3rd hand information coming from a BBS passed onto you. No disrespect intended towards Shinz!

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

From memory, the match lasted 5 rounds..with shinz leading 2-1....not sure if pablo captured it...when it comes to footage..I am extremely confused, when it comes to pics...like, I thought stomp took hella lotsa pics...now it turns out his camera malfunctioned...oro?

eek! Me just missed my train of thoughts!

So uhmm..toodles!!!!

17. stompoutloud

I would have taken a ton of pics but you know what happend... my camera's battery died. But I did take a ton with Pablo's camera and he took the rest.

Shinz versus Chibita.

chibita on side 1 and Shinz on side 2 I believe. Chibita took round one. His usual sick flow pattern of using the df+k and fc_f+p. Seems every match he changes his throw direction desire. This match, he used the hcb+pg throw a lot. And it hit shinz a good 5 times in the match. With Shinz breaking I think two of them. Round 2 and 3 went to Shinz with a very close round 4 going to chibita on I believe a low kick after a ton of crouch dashing around. Round five was pretty insane. With Shinz hitting him three consequtive times before Chibita started coming back. After that missed command input, it seemed Chibita took control. I think he ended the match with a rush in kick cancel into the hcb+pg throw. But I could be totally wrong. I did know he hit him with that throw at the last round. Then Shinz got a pat on his back from Jerky. You can see that pic on pablo's webpage of pics. You will see Jerky's name on the back of his shirt.

18. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Which character was ShinZ using?

19. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

akira,

i think the japanese force shinz to use akira "akirakid"
    even though in most recent korean tourney vids - hes been pulling out a strong jacky.

I guess he has to live up to his reputation.

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

akira n jacky = his equal main characters.