1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Beating Bokutai

Discussion in 'Pai' started by GodEater, Oct 7, 2010.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

After writing about Pai's basic moves in this thread I realized it had been so long since I played that I was likely wrong in spots about Bokutai and so I did a really quick test in dojo using the "oppenent guards low and performs a mid attack" option.

The below charts shows your options or lack of options as an opponent facing bokutai. it assumes you blocked a low blue fist (df+P) and are at +9.

[​IMG]

Some things to keep in mind.

1) This is hardly a be all list as I couldn't select the mid attack I would like to see. It chooses your opponent's fastest mid, not the best for the situation. but if you're, for instance, Eileen or Shun you know that on block you can beat Pai in Bokutai regardless of which followup she tries or if she remains in stance..

2) it assumes the fastest follow up on the opponent's part which can work in the favour of Pai. From low blue fist she has the option of
    A)entering Bokutai
    B)chain her K follow up (without bokutai or charge) and it beats everyone's attack options.
    C) block,dodge, or reverse an expected incoming attack