1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

beginner vf5 (not vf5FS)...help ?

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by segasaturn96, Aug 22, 2019.

1. segasaturn96

segasaturn96 Well-Known Member

hi, my english is very bad sorry.

i am a beginner at VF5...not VF5FS just vf5...

i search lots of informations for vf5, i have problemes to find for only vf5.
    i try to play vanessa. i know all his technique but
    i have any , zero tactique...i don't know when i must attack,escape etc...i play at hazard

i play against cpu because my connection internet is very bad.
    i am in "vainquisher" in mode quete.

help me please

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    For the line "i play at hazard" I will lend some advice.

From my memory, the higher ranked CPU reads your inputs so a definitive answer cannot be given as I'd need more details and need to refresh basic anti-AI strats for VF5. But with Vanessa you have very powerful walking back speed, and just by holding [4]/[1]/[7] you can create a lot of whiffs to punish with [3][K]/[1][K] (which has monster range in this game). Also you are limited to a few free throws as the AI will 100% escape any direction if you land it 2 times or so, so make those free [1][P][+][G]s/[P][+][G]s count when you block punishable stuff. DS neutral punch parry also catches all mid/high punch attacks an can really shut down predictable strings and certain characters' offense.

Also check out the command section of this website to see what you can punish, which will be stronger if you play Offensive stance and use that [6][P][+][K] correctly.