1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Beijing Olympics

Discussion in 'General' started by CobiyukiOS, Aug 7, 2008.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

I just thouht I would just start this topic with some rules. You can talk about anything about the Beijing Olympics, except:

No Single line "Go (your stuff here)". If this is the case, you must have a well legitamite analysis.

No mention of Chinese political affairs. If this is the case, we'll be ripped out of Chinese Google.

The Olympics is relevent to VFDC, as there is Boxing, Judo, Taekwondo, and I think karate.

YouTube Videos: only post those that have been approved by the International Olympic Comittee.

Do not take any of the comments on this thread as advice for gambling.

And that's it. So I'll start:

Those Olympic mascots do look nice, well suited to the Chinese art. Still no Cobi, but he's more Picasso, and I personally prefer Fatso. And those Chinese are sure lucky to start the opening ceremony on 8:08pm 08/08/2008 Beijing time. But the text on the TV is too small. I know because I saw that Olyroos match last night. Not everyone has a HDTV, you know.

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

3. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I approve this THREAD. The old one was more about hype then discussion about the events. And plus, the O.P. starts the thread very classy. I need to look at the Volleyball, gymnastics, fencing, Judo, Wrestling and swimming schedule.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

That's what I think! <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XDU3ePlyH8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XDU3ePlyH8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

6. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, mate.

7. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

an American tourist died already in an attack from some crazy

could have been worse I guess =/

8. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Normally, I would ban you I were a moderator, but since it was a spoof of something official, I'll give you a free pass.

Anyway, the opening ceremony was most splendid from start to finish. The taichi and drumming especilly made me think I saw an infinate army of Akira's ready to SPoD and KNEE any non believer. (And those red sticks looked like X and Y chromysomes dancing according to my mother). And those Chinese didn't put on a fireworks show at the end when they lit the cauldron: they created their own bloody nebula!

9. Crazy_Galaxy

lucky for him eh?...

10. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was easily the most entertaining and incredible opening ceremony I've seen. I too was gona comment on the opening drummers and the tai chi expo later on. The paining on the scroll followed up with the teams walking on it was top tier too. Cannot wait to see what unwraps over these next two weeks.

12. Shadowdean

I think she is on the Chinese Olympic team. [​IMG]

13. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Austria got the silver medal in Judo, yeah! On the first day, yes!

14. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

+40 on disadvantage LOL! This is one for the ages.

15. Shadowdean

The koreans did a pretty dominating job at the lower weights this year. I saw the Aussy win - talk about impressive!

16. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

You guys are taking ma0's post too seriously besides that shit is funny as hell but yet true. Even though China's internal affairs is it's own business to a certain point until it starts effecting other people & countries around it. China need to take responsibility of it's actions and with their attitude I won't bet the earth's environment on it.

17. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
  18. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Micheal Phelps is over 9000!!! Seriously, they should just give him gold and have everyone else fight for silver and bronze. LOL

19. Crazy_Galaxy

guys? Did you not detect my sarcasm?..I thought it was LOL and then ironic that the other poster then said he's lucky he's not banned for such a post. Tsk the internets...

20. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

lol i agree