1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

besides hardest combo, what's the longest combo (no. of hits)?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by dickson, Nov 1, 1999.

1. dickson

dickson Active Member

lion vs taka - d/f+p+g, u+p+g, e, d+k, D,f+p, u+k, f+p, d+k,k, u/f+k (flat ground) - 8 hits.

kage vs pai - TFT, wall hit, DP, TT ppb+pk, F+k, d/f+k (back against wall, downslope) - 8 hits.

kage vs akira - TFT, E, b+p, pg, pg, ppp, F+k, d/f+k (flat ground, arcade only) - 8 hits.

lau vs pai - D/F+p, d/f+p+k, b,b+p, d+pppk, d/f+k (flat ground) - 8 hits.

any more than 8 hits vf3tb combo???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Sarah on downslope....

d+P+KK, F+PPu+P, F+PPb+PK ... 9 Hits... nyeah!

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Lion vs Taka: d/f+P+G -> u+P+K -> E -> d+K -> D,f+P -> D,f+P -> f+P,P -> d+K,K -> d/f+P = 9 hits!! 10 hits if you count the SE. Heh heh heh...

ice-9 | Sennin

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Maybe this would be one of the harder...
    Akira on Akira's stage vs. lightweights
    ST, SJK, SJK, DJK (first hits to the wall, second turns them around on the wall so they fall away like a face-first hit), DLC

This one should be up there with most damaging as well.

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Okay okay...let's take it easy now...

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

d/f+P+G -> u+P+K -> E -> d+K -> D,f+P -> D,f+P -> f+P,P -> d+K,K -> d/f+P

<hr></blockquote>

Correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK this combo is not possible on the DC. I remember Jason in particular trying to get this one and the poke from the f+P,P never hits. How one would get an extra d+K,K, *and* df+P is beyond me!

On that same subject, some of the combos that dickson listed with Kage have both the running slide and the df+K listed. This is not guaranteed and IMO not part of the combo. A combo, I think, should be completely inescapable. I used to play TK3 with Kbcat and GodEater a lot - we used to consider any combo that one could quick rise out of was not a real combo. I think the same should apply to our discussion of long VF3tb combos. If the extra pounce is escapable, it should not count for # of hits. ;)

Nutlog, that Akira combo is pretty crazy - get it on tape at the Omaha Gathering...this one I gotta see. ;)

If I had to add my two cents in for number of hits, it would be Lau: bb+Pd+P, bb+Pd+P, PPPd+K. Eight hits, no pounce - not too shabby. Another Gamest original ;)

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Okay okay...let's take it easy now...

-> Lau: bb+Pd+P, bb+Pd+P, PPPd+K. Eight hits, no pounce

It is actually 7 hits, bb+P,d+P, "PP"K.
    remember it is downknife, not upknife.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Okay okay...let's take it easy now...

I haven't tried it on DC yet (although I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work), but I know it works in the arcade. Stance maybe?

ice-9 | Sennin

8. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

That crazy Lion v. Taka 9 hit combo..

Well, I have to agree with Llanfair. Both Jason and I tried many times to get that combo to work. It works in the arcade, but on the DC it seems that no matter how you time the f+PP, the poke misses. If it is possible, it has very subtle timing issues. Give it a shot ICE-9, and tell us what you think. If you can get it, then I suggest it wins for both longest, and hardest combo.

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: That crazy Lion v. Taka 9 hit combo..

I'm sure Taka has an 8-hit because of his Px6 move.....say....D/F+PK (MC), PPPPPP, d/f+PP - 9 hits.Okay, this is kinda stupid. Heck, even a PPPPPP on a hopping opponent plus d/f+PP is an 8 hit combo. Some Taka player have something much more intelligent?

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: That crazy Lion v. Taka 9 hit combo..

I've been trying, but so far with no success. I'm starting to believe this is one of those bounce combos that does not work on the Dreamcast...

ice-9 | Sennin