1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best interupting moves for Lau

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Viper44, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Viper44

Viper44 Member

Hi,

What are the best moves to interupt attack strings or after blocking an enemies moves. i know this depends on each charcter, but what are some general moves.

Chanchai likes this.
  2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

"Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "An interrupting Lau."
    "An interrupting Lau w--"
    "KYAAAAA~~!!!"

Sorry, I could not resist making the bad joke :p

This very much depends on the situation, however... There's some good general answers and some good Lau specific answers too.

I will use numeric notation:
    789 | ub u uf
    456 | b n f
    123 | db d df

G = Guard
    P = Punch
    K = Kick

Generally:
    Low Punch - 2P is the standard string interrupter and you generally use it when you predict a high attack, which are very common in the strings in VF. 2P stops most strings in the game. What is most important is what you do after 2P though...
    * if 2P is Guarded: Defend with a standing Guard. You can also evade or crouch dash into a standing guard as well.
    * If 2P hits: mixing up is very good, preferably between mid and throw. You can also mixup mid/low. You can poke again as well.
    * If 2P hits with a red flash: this is a Counter Hit, meaning you interrupted an opponent's attack. If you get this with 2P you should mixup between a powerful throw and a powerful mid launcher such as 4K, 4P+K, you could also gamble on 3P+K but you are open to punishment if the opponent evades or blocks (or even backdashes). 4P+K is better than 3P+K imo.

High Punch (done as P(G) ) is also very good and keeps opponents honest if they do not play frame tight. You generally do a similar flowchart as 2P except that if your High Punch is blocked, you still have a small advantage and can elbow most opponents and 2P fast opponents (Kage, Pai, Lion, Eileen).

Elbow - 6P is solid and fast enough to poke with.

I will leave the Lau stuff to the guides and forum posts on how to play Lau. However, the jabs and elbows are very good at interrupting and building an offense from.

I will check back later on this thread though ^_^

3. Viper44

Viper44 Member

Thanks.