1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Players, who are they?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Jun 23, 2009.

1. UKDiddy

UKDiddy Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Feck and Manji! That's cool with the cake by their name.

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

sigh, that happens all the time. This one time, we stopped on our way to the Grand Canyon at some out of the way gas station, re-fueled and got a little ice cream for our troubles. We got 45 miles before we realized we left Adam in the washroom. He was pretty scared but we bought him extra ice cream.

3. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Why is it only now that people are noticing the cake? Is it just me or has the cake been appearing for years?

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    The cake has always been there for posters birthdays if they list it on their profiles.

Happy Birthday to you two. [​IMG]

5. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Extra ice cream is pretty much a big deal though, good call.

6. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Sounds fishy...remindes me of joe dirt.

7. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

LOL! Poor Adam! [​IMG]

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm no where near the best Sarah on line.

Mista Tee for one, is a much better Sarah than I am. There are others, but their names escape me right now...
    Flamingo Queen was the best I fought, but I think he's retired.

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I know it's a bit of a bump but I totally missed the birthday wishes in this thread.

Thanks sanjuroAKIRA, Konjou, slide, UKDiddy and Shag [​IMG]

10. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Man for a second I though you revived this thread just to say that I am one of the best players on live.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    MIPs

I hope nobody minds me bumping up this old thread but I wanted to really show some love to the guys that are still playing online and holding it down. There's a ton of old faces but I wanna shoutout to some guys that are not-so-old. I'm calling them the Most Improved Players - dudes that have substansially levated their skill and gameplay by a respectable and admirable amount. Like if I had a team tournament I would def want to play with these dudes. Gettin off subject here...

Grusselgrosser I remember playing him a long time ago, now he won't hesitate to kick my fucking teeth in! AWESOME. [​IMG] Overall when we play I'm really impressed with most of his tricks, he also addressed many of his faults, but he still runs a tad bit too risky. But as long as he wins, I really can't say anything. I'm not giving away any of his secrets here though lol. Dude is flash kicking now too? WORD!? Goodshit. Hold jacky down

AllStar804 I think he used to use Lei-fei, but his brad is on some good stuff. I'm not sure if he posts here or not but overall I like the way he articulates his gameplan when he plays. He utilized some very interesting mix-ups last time we played. Makes the game so much more worth playing. That brad can get real strong and scary.

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Re: MIPs

For me, the people I think are the MIP's from playing them are:

mackfactor: From playing him when he first started playing over a year ago to playing him some months ago, he improved a substantial amount and he always asks a lot of questions and eager to learn.

FrakimusGrime: When I first started playing him he was still fairly new but after I played him more recently he has improved a lot and the matches are a lot closer then they used to be.

Hazzerone: Although he still has some ways to go, I can confidently say he's much better then when I first played him and he's much better then lot's of people on live.

There might be one or 2 other people but I can't recall atm.

Most other people are the same as I remember them to be when I played months ago, not naming anyone here.

13. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Neat thread. When I stop sucking maybe I'll be able to notice improvements lol.

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay

Me. Yea i said it. ME. [​IMG]

I've come a long way and i'm still improving. I know i've gotten better because i hang far better with those who used to destroy me. And not because of crazy online stuff either.

I'll 2nd Hazzerone. Don't get discouraged mate. You have yet to find the style balance that suits you best. You'll go up another level when you do.

Also, i've heard Manaknight has gotten a lot better. We haven't played in ages, but i'm willing to take the word of the people i've heard this from.

15. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC

JCblack.

16. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Mackfactor's gotten better, gotta say.

Kahn Rahn, always enjoyed playing him but now he's doing technical stuff like stepping and TEs.

17. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

Coz I agree with you 100%! I just posted in the GGs section about Grusselgrosser and how I've noticed how much he's improved. My post consisted of saying how certain matches feel like I'm playing a much higher level opponent. Now if he could just find a way to harness whatever he is doing during those times he will be a major force to reckon with.

As for AllStar804 I'm glad you brought him up. I hadn't played him for about a year until about one month ago. I had a few of my fiance's friends over and they wanted to see me play a fighting game so I popped in VF. My only intention was to play just a few matches so they could see the game. I ended up finding AllStar804 in Player Match. It's funny and goes to show that you should never underestimate anyone, because I won the first match but then lost the next three. While I was merely trying to display Shun and his style, I was soon finding myself having to play very seriously, but by then it was too late. I of course got the, "wow you suck" from my friends that were there, and as much as I wanted to rematch, they weren't that interested to watch me play much longer so I had to subside. I'd love to play him again soon!

18. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega

LOSTCLOUD
    KAMAIS_OOKIN
    BORIS

19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Yeah Grussel stepped his shit up though...

20. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Not one person mentioned me? Not even one? [​IMG]