1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best US Virtua Fighter Player

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by dynamic-league, Aug 22, 2001.

1. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

We are looking for "Super Doug". He was the best US Virtua Fighter 3 back in 97. Does anybody know his where abouts and if he still plays.
    We want to invite him back over to the UK as a special guest in our VF4 Dynamic League tournaments coming soon.
    Last time he had free flight and hotel accomodation we would like to improve on the deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Rise to the challenge"

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

superdoug has sort of dropped off the VF radar. i think he's still in detroit but i have not seem him in any forum or on irc in ages. if he does pop up i will direct him here..

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

3. Mr. Bungle

also...it really should be pointed out that doug was the US best player in '97 that could actually _attend_ the tournament in the UK, lest you get pounced on by certain people.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

4. dynamic-league

I wonder if the US will produce any International Class VF4 players for UK to invite over for a thrashing?
    We'll have to wait and see.

"Rise to the challenge"

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I played Super Dough3 tourny" back in 97.. and im tlling he wasent worth shit, he had an o.k. Wolf as a main character but nothing flashy, i took him in V.S. like 5-1, i KNOW that there is much much better VF players in the U.S. soo dont bother getting him there.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Obviously since I'm the best player in the world I would therefore by logic also be the best player in the U.S.

ORA ORA ORA!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Pay for the flight and as long as they have the time I think anyone would goto the UK to play. Want to invite some of us over to play?

CrewNYC

8. dynamic-league

We will use the same system as we used before. We got the general US consensus on the best players in the US. At the time everybody on the news groups agreed on 3-4 players that they thought were the US best. Superdoug came over and tasted the power of the UK players. We also had Lars from Denmark the killer Viking.

"Rise to the challenge"

9. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

chucky you're so full of it :)

Long time no see, Derrick :). What kind of event would you be flying a US player over for? What game, VF4?

- Jan

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Well I did actually beat him gnug! so your full of it/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    anyways do he still play VF??

11. [PKG]

[PKG] Active Member

Surely Super Dog (Doug) whatever, was not the best US player in 97... because if he was... LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Super Dough had a pretty good Wolf, nothing special though, The U.S. MUST have better players than that../versus/images/icons/mad.gif

13. Mr. Bungle

For chrissakes...this fucking thread has been around for close to _two months_, and since then SuperDOUG's (not DOUGH) trip to the UK has already been discussed, in this very thread as well as other threads . Let it fucking DIE already (or at least lock it - Mike?). Man, some of you people from the UK really make me wonder...

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

14. dynamic-league

Bring back SUPERDOUG !

Send out a search party and elect him US (VF) president and diplomat.
    Under his leadership the USVF players may have success in signing a treaty to surrender and accept UK rule in the west. The UK is already a super power on the VF scene. SUPERDOUG can negotiate a US surrender without any unecessary casualties.

SUPERDOUG is the US National VF hero.
    Bring back SUPERDOUG out of retirement. Only he can save America.

"Rise to the challenge"

15. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

.........I don't care who the fuck you people are, shut the fuck up. ya hear? SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Andrew

16. [PKG]

[PKG] Active Member

YER!!! Bring him back so I may crush him!!!

Muhahahahahaha

17. Mr. Bungle

BUNGLEBOT Program change: PROGRAM_CHUCKY::pERFORMANCE_MODE

ME TOO!!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

--

18. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

Get a GRIP ok!! the 'people' you refer to is just 1 person, Dereck. His aim is to undermine the entire north american continent by winding all the VF'ers up to the point of insanity.
    When people like you start detecting multiple people from a post from 1 PERSON, then he is clearly winning his battle.
    I suggest seeing someone about the 'voices' in your head, ok!.
    stop being a JERKY!

19. Mr. Bungle

Well to be honest, in my mind, all but a select few of the vocal UK people have come across as nothing more than subhuman retarded braggart assholes.

--

20. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

wha, huh oohh! HAHAHAHA....eh "Jerky"....you kidder. How long it take you to come up with that one??

Andrew