1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best VF character overall

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by shadowmaster, Aug 29, 2006.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Based on overall fighter ability offense, defense, mobility, etc what character in your opinion is the best one. In my opinion it has to be Akira. He was exceptional defensive reversals, overwhelming offensive power, and he executes moves super fast even though he himself isn't all that fleet of foot the speed of his attacks make up for that. What do you think about this?

legumelad likes this.
  2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Read the only sticky in this forum please.

Jeffry is the best... because I like him, puls he haz unblocable!!

legumelad likes this.
  3. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    First of all I have read it but I am not asking because I want others to decide for me. I already have my hand picked favorites. What is wrong with just asking just because I am not noob that is new to the game and don't know what the characters can do. Is there anything wrong with that even though I can understand why this topic was mentioned on sticky too.

legumelad likes this.
  4. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Sure Akira is one hell of a rounded character, but all characters are capable of awesome shit if you learn enough about them (except maybe Goh/Brad but this is debatable). Sure there are tiers in this game, they aren't game breaking. Surely if you aren't a "noob" (hate that fuckin' word) you'd know all this... so why ask? Find out for yourself, maybe check all the movelists/frame data/tier listings/tourney vids.

Also, why did you copy paste your response and post it in the other pointless thread you made?

TZ all over again...

legumelad likes this.
  5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

kage

legumelad likes this.
  6. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    What is wrong is stating the question to get a reply from the other people here. I know what every character in the game can do and they are all very good to say the least. It is obvious this topic was done so often in the past that it was placed on the sticky but I am not trying belittle the people here. I am new to this forum and I am just trying to get a feel for what I should expect here. At this point I get the message loud and clear and know to avoid this topic from here on in.

legumelad likes this.
  7. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    There is nothing wrong with asking a question. I apologize for the rudeness of Sebo's response. You have to be thick-skinned to dwell here on this forum.

legumelad and Pai~Chun like this.
  8. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    Darrius_Cole said:

There is nothing wrong with asking a question. I apologize for the rudeness of Sebo's response. You have to be thick-skinned to dwell here on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure I came off as a dick, but what good is making a thread if such information is readably available in the game?

What purpose does this debate have? We already know that Jacky (though filled with many holes) has a really good offense, that Kage has insane combos, etc.

This will only become a value debate and might sway newcomers on who they'll pick up.

legumelad likes this.
  9. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

NOOB HATER! /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

legumelad likes this.
  10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Nah, I LOVE this game (no matter how much I suck) and I want other people to experience this game's depth on their own. Sure it takes a hell of a long time (I still can't break throws or play Akira after a year or *insert something else here*), but damn is it satisfying. Plus it does "weed out" quite a bit.

But I wouldn't call shadowmaster a "noob," I believe what he said about himself and he probably is a million times better than me anyway.

legumelad likes this.
  11. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sebo said:

Nah, I LOVE this game (no matter how much I suck) and I want other people to experience this game's depth on their own. Sure it takes a hell of a long time (I still can't break throws or play Akira after a year or *insert something else here*), but damn is it satisfying. Plus it does "weed out" quite a bit.

But I wouldn't call shadowmaster a "noob," I believe what he said about himself and he probably is a million times better than me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how you feel man but I took no offense to anything you said really. Honestly I must have given myself the hardest road to the end using Pai one of the weaker offensive characters in the game only using simple moves like jabs and safe hits because none of my really good and powerful ones would work I managed to get the end of the game. I can't say that is anywhere near as hard as trying master Akira that is something I will never attempt and I wish you much luck with that I know you will need every bit of it. I hope to hear from you soon goodbye now.

legumelad likes this.
  12. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    You hear that BK, he said Pai is one of the weaker offensive characters in the game. I now feel redeemed and will not apologize for using Pai. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

legumelad likes this.
  13. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Who is this BK person anyway. Just because I say she lacks in the offensive department she more then makes up for this in her defensive abilities and set ups she has through the trickery she uses. That is why I use her. I play better offensive characters too that are stronger like Vanessa or Lei Fei but Pai will always be my favorite no matter what.

legumelad likes this.
  14. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

if you consider lion an offensive character?

legumelad likes this.
  15. Dashwolf

Dashwolf Well-Known Member

jabbing is the best offense. keeps the pressure game on and breaks your opponent and leaves him open for floaters.

and i also happen to be a pai hater
    don't mind the character but i hate the users. drive me nuts all the time. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

legumelad likes this.
  16. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dashwolf said:

jabbing is the best offense. keeps the pressure game on and breaks your opponent and leaves him open for floaters.

and i also happen to be a pai hater
    don't mind the character but i hate the users. drive me nuts all the time. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jabbing is my best offensive move and defensive move as well and with Pai she needs it since she don't have over powering moves to make up for it when she isn't jabbing. As far as your hatred of Pai players I can understand why I hate playing against her myself but the one character I hate the most is Sarah. I have only beaten the Champion ranked Sarah character no more then 3 times out of at least 20 matches.

legumelad likes this.