1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Wrestler's Best Moves (vid)

Discussion in 'General' started by hseiken1, Oct 15, 2012.

1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken

No wrestler in the world can do what this dude can do.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'll only agree if Ash_Kaiser agree's. I await his appearance in this thread.

Edit to say: this guy got final atomic buster'd. Can't be the best :)

3. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    ^ Better then what I see these days. :cool:

This move would hurt.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Jordon Burroughs Double leg > all that

5. UroboroSx

UroboroSx Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr

CMLL - Valiente, enjoy! ;)

6. wf66

wf66 Member

Pretty obvious.

My favorite striking finisher - a knee to the face!

I'm not a big fan of flashy moves, but this one just blows my mind.

And my all-time favorite.

UroboroSx likes this.
  7. UroboroSx

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr

awesome!

braibustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Nothing tops this for pure technical wrestling prowess.

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Since Marly desired my input...

In terms of high impact grapples (i.e. head drops) Burning Hammer, Backdrop Driver and Kudome Valentine/Vertebreaker are all great moves. The latter one can look especially sickening if done right (Homicide did one on AJ Styles back in 2005 or 2006 which was so nasty), although the Steiner Screwdriver just looks so dangerous so I'd be inclined to go with that one as the most lethal one if done properly (i.e. without the catch and turning it into a sitout Tombstone Piledriver - the kind that Steve Austin broke Masahiro Chono's neck with, and then later Owen Hart broke Austin's neck with).

Well, that is if you don't count the reversal to the reversal to the powerbomb in the infamous Misawa/Kawada match.

Kawada tried for a powerbomb. Misawa reversed into a hurricanrana. Kawada held on to him and just thought "sod it", and dropped to his knees (if you've seen the Jet Li film "Kiss of the Dragon", it's similar to how he kills the smaller of the two brothers). The thing about that match is that Kawada broke his arm, and yet still wrestled for another 10-15 minutes. And then this happened:

Also, if you want to count the Diamondhead, it's a move that Kenta Kobashi tried once, botched, broke Yoshinobu Kanemaru's neck and never did it again.

For striking, Shinsuke Nakamura's Boma Ye is pretty awesome (although the stomp he does looks so much more vicious, especially the one he did at Wrestle Kingdom 7 back in January), Kazuchika Okada's Rainmaker was the winner of best new move in the 2012 Observer awards, and has a pretty elaborate setup which is really cool looking (and Okada is awesome in general), and then two of the "Three Musketeers" of New Japan had the Shining Wizard (Keiji Mutoh) and Yakuza Kick (Chono) at their respective finishers at some point. However, if you want a strike that literally knocks you (and your eye, literally) out, NOTHING beats the Western Lariat.

It's an oldie, but a goodie, and he could hit it from ANYWHERE. There's nothing fancy about it. It's just a 300lbs Texan swinging his arm at you and if you get hit with it, you aren't getting up. It probably wouldn't have the same impact in the west these days because it's not flashy enough and there's rarely any setup for it, but the fact that the Japanese announcers sell it like death, and because he was VERY short sighted, Hansen did like to work a little stiffer to make sure it looked good, chances are it would really hurt.

As for high flying, PAC (Adrian Neville in WWE) and Kota Ibushi are probably your best guys to look at. You all saw the blowup doll, Yoshihiko that was presented earlier? Ibushi had a legitimate four star match with it. There's a joke about how certain wrestlers could carry a broom to a decent match. Ibushi actually did this with a sex doll.

I still need to watch the last major Kota Ibushi/Kenny Omega (the guy who did the Ultimate Atomic Buster on Yoshihiko) at some point. It was supposedly pretty good and Ibushi was trying a top turnbuckle version of his number one move in that vid.

10. UroboroSx

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr

Negro Navarro.

11. UroboroSx

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr
  12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Nuff said

13. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    You guys are making me want to go back to Fire Pro R and WWF (yes, before the E) No Mercy :(