1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Big post of VF5 ideas - read inside

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Grub, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: lol

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:

Don't tell me that learning all of the TFT combos is easier than learning how to do a 270 command...

[/ QUOTE ]

The learning process and the excecution of a command are two totally seperate things.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it takes like 5 minutes to learn all the proper combos. And yeah TFT combos are way easier than fast GS.

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:

As opposed to anyother throw were they can?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that throw is a 270 or a FC throw, in a lot of situations where you won't have any windows to buffer the command, you're going to use REAL GAME TIME to do the excecution of that throw by definition the excecution of a 270 or something will take more frames for a person to excecute, giving the opponent more time to do something. It can cange curcumstances drastically.

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:

TFT has been b+p+g for ten years now...there are reasons why it is has been that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not good reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:

The PM you sent me was fucked up..wth? Make sure you send it to the right person next time, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

2. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:
    it takes like 5 minutes to learn all the proper combos. And yeah TFT combos are way easier than fast GS.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on -_- you're kidding right? 5 minutes to learn all the proper combos, according to all different situations, for TFT... ok MAYBE for you, MAYBE you're just that great. but TFTs aren't really easier than perfect GS to me. i mean, if you mess up one step in TFT, say, the knee, it's over, your 80 damage combo is down the drain. but the perfect GS messed up = other GS which is still 80. so TFT isn't anything close to being TOO EASY, i know it needs lots more practice to perfect than GS [a 180 degree roll of the joystick or pad and [P]+[G]].

3. Dandy_J

Maaaaaaaaaan..........

The only part of TFT combos that are missable are [2_][6]+[K] and ([6][6])[2]+[P]+[K].

The thing is, once you get the throw off, you have like 50 bazillion years to prepare yourself to excecute the followups properly. The knee is almost never missed if you roll the crouchdash, [2]+[P]+[K] is a little trickier, but still not very hard to do everytime if you learn the timing.

I dunno. TFT combos arent hard at all after you know how to buffer FC moves, which is irrelavent cause all good players know how to.

I think TFT should be [2_][4]+[P]+[G].

And Kage is my main.

4. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

I dunno. TFT combos arent hard at all after you know how to buffer FC moves, which is irrelavent cause all good players know how to.

I think TFT should be [2_][4]+[P]+[G].

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think TFT combos aren’t that hard. What would making it [2_],[4]+[P][G] accomplish? This command alone is easier then Kage's best TFT combos. Unless you just want TFT to be less accessible to Scrubs/Low level players, I don't see how changing the command could make a difference

5. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    Junosynth said:

If you think TFT combos aren’t that hard. What would making it [2_],[4]+[P][G] accomplish? This command alone is easier then Kage's best TFT combos. Unless you just want TFT to be less accessible to Scrubs/Low level players, I don't see how changing the command could make a difference

[/ QUOTE ]

Inputs AFTER a throw has excecuted don't matter.

Input's that have to be done BEFORE a throw excecutes do.

Here's an example:

Go into training mode with Pai and set it to CH.

Do [4][6][6]+[P]+[K], then run up and do [P]+[G]. It will combo.

Now try to do the same with 270[4]+[P]+[G]. There's a big difference.

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I find it funny how ppl say ludricus things like "it doesn't matter if the throw was 860 - it would come out just as fast amongst top players!" when defending a character.
    It's to taboo to talk about imbalances in moves and characters in VF (only time will tell) as it is like stepping on the heart of why many ppl play VF over more 'pretty' games.
    If you asked the majority of players when VF3 was active something similar you'd get it defended to hell but now most agree that it wasn't peachy fucking keen balance wise. Know what I'm saying?

7. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    TP_KiwE said:

I find it funny how ppl say ludricus things like "it doesn't matter if the throw was 860 - it would come out just as fast amongst top players!" when defending a character.
    It's to taboo to talk about imbalances in moves and characters in VF (only time will tell) as it is like stepping on the heart of why many ppl play VF over more 'pretty' games.
    If you asked the majority of players when VF3 was active something similar you'd get it defended to hell but now most agree that it wasn't peachy fucking keen balance wise. Know what I'm saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I would hate to have this whole arguement boil down to players that analyze things in a logical manner trying to prove a point to those who seem to think that AM2 is infallable...

It's not that extreme though, fortunately. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But yeah, that's a good point. It seems that a lot of VF players ingore the fact that VF is not perfectly balanced, (no fighting game is). Then they try to rationalize things when it's clear that there ARE some noteable balance issues, although they are extremely minor when compared to other fighting games.

Edit: And yeah, input DOES matter at high level play. If all inputs were 1 or 2 frames (ie 1 or 2 directions+[P][K][G] combinations), then Akira would easily be the most broken character in the game simply based on evade-bodycheck lol.