1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Big time question

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by v3kwok, May 25, 2002.

1. v3kwok

v3kwok New Member

Hi all,

I've read through many message and have extract a few points posted by other VF4 players that got me confused. Here they are:

"but in general, you find that good players of VF4 only reverse when they do option select(in general, this is the most effective way), for instance beating jeffry's 50/50 guessing game with d/b+P+K,d/f+P+G,f+P+G. "

When do I input this option select? Just after Jeffrey picks me up from the ground? Or after I've gotten up and lost balance?

"dbpm is only throw and P counterable (excluding jeff and wolf) and nigh-impossible to dodge. "

Excluding Jeff and Wolf? .... Meaning that I can beat Jeff or Wolfs throw righer after I do a double palm???

Now, since Dashing Elbow is uncounterable, that means that I can do a d+P or some other fast attacks like f-P pretty safe right? Or I can press G to block any attack (excluding throws) right?

Thanks!!

Vince

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

1. Jeff's "50-50 game" referred to is his mid/throw guessing game (where he can do crazy damage off a crucifix, backbreaker, or knee and since he has the advantage, you have to make the painful choice), NOT his ground throw. (You can struggle out of any followups after the ground throw, but watch out for the usual mind games). Ironically, Jeff has one of the best ways to deal with reversals, namely KKP (which isn't caught by a throw escape or a mid reversal, but still does lots of damage), while characters like Kage have no option but to PPb+P or choose an obscure, less damaging throw.

The "excluding Jeff and Wolf" means that their punches are too slow to punish a blocked doublepalm. Their throws are just as fast as anyone else's (and hurt significantly more), so you're not home free /versus/images/icons/smile.gif