1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Big wall combo

Discussion in 'Lion' started by AnimalStaccato, Mar 26, 2010.

1. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I've never seen this written down before, all credit goes to Teh_p00ch for telling me. Although when using it against Tony Familia he said that he'd seen DaBadSeed do something similar. Anyway:

[5]In a situation where you opponant is sandwiched between you and the wall.

[5]The more perpendicular the better, it tends to get tricky at angles:

[4] [3] [P] [+] [G] (Optional set up)

[3] [K] This will wall stgr opponant, even on NH.

[4] [4] [P] [+] [K] As long as opponant hits the wall after [3] [K] this will connect, I could not find a stituation where it didn't.
    [4] [6] [K]
    *optional* [6_] [P] for 2 extra dmg/ [6] [6] [P] [+] [K] for 4 extra dmg
    [K] [K]
    [8] [P]

The heavy pounce is garenteed after [K] [K] against a wall, you can delay it for more dmg.

[4] [4] [P] [+] [K] gives +19 on NH which means that [4] [6] [K] is guaranteed. The [6_] [P] and [6] [6] [P] [+] [K] do not work on all characters. I'd recommend not doing them as it is fairly minor damage that gets pernickety depending on how the characters line up against the wall, but it is up to you. Heavy pounce after [K] [K] wall hit is always guaranteed.

The damage varies. In it's most basic form it does 104 (NH without throw setup, or optional input before [K] [K]).

With all the trimmings the damage can be raised to 130+.

Also if using the throw setup, [3] [K] can not be used immediately, you have to wait untill the character has recovered a bit. I'm not sure how to describe it but if you do [3] [K] immediately after [4] [3] [P] [+] [G], it will go over the characters head.

I don't play Lion much anymore and it seems a shame that this should go to waste. So here it is for future players to use.

2. DrWoo

DrWoo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Yquem2k1
    Nice info.

I wonder if you can do this too from TRMF [P][+][K] or [3][3][6][P][+][K](CH)instead of [3][K]. If so, the usual stomach crumple combos from wall stagger would become quite useless.

I will give a try to that

3. AnimalStaccato

You can do it from TRMF also but not with :_6: p it launches them so they hit the wall and fall down pretty quickly, or gives a wall splat if perpendicular. You can do [P] [K] [P] or [K] [K]>pounce but it wont wall stgr.

I did not know about TRMF, good thinking Zakkapa [​IMG]

It doesn't label it as a combo either way, but the frame data checks out you just gotta buffer the [4] [6] [K].

Prviously I had doing half-wall combos I think after TRMF [P] [+] [K] such as:

TRMF [P] [+] [K], [3] [3] [P] [6] [P] [+] [K] > [K], heavy pounce (which I dont think is guarenteed).

Im sure I had a better half wall combo than that, but I will have to meditate on it and see if I remember [​IMG]

4. DrWoo

DrWoo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Yquem2k1
    I tried on Akira but I can't seem to connect [4][6][K] after [4][4][P][+][K] as a combo, is there any special timing for this?

I was referring to lion's double fingers of doom move , on CH it leads to a wall stagger. In this video, Chibita uses this move to perform the combo you mentionned (0:23)(and yeah it looks like the heavy pounce isn't garanteed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfeBFGX6aqM

5. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Loving Chibita's abare technique. 2P blocked? screw it do 6P+K double finger move. 2P blocked? fuck it go for a launcher.

6. AnimalStaccato

You need to buffer [4] [6] [K], as long as [4] [4] [P] [+] [K] hits then [4] [6] [K] should because [4] [4] [P] [+] [K] is +19 on normal hit.

[​IMG] [6] [P] [+] [K] I'd imagine would work, it has pretty much the same properties as TRMF [P] [+] [K].

I wonder what people would think of him if he played on XBL?

Did anyone check what happened at approx. 1.39 of the vid? Chibitas [3] [K] somehow went outside of Touis low rising. I wonder what he was trying to do? Did he know it would set him up outside so he could get [6] [P] [P] in guarenteed while Toui was still recovering or was he going for a side crumple? I also wonder if its replicatable and not just a hit box fluke.