1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

black+red book stuff

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Nov 16, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

things I can remember,

Wolf's knee is throw counterable but I seem to be able to d+p many throw attempts. dunno if my opponent is slow...

Venessa,
    moves that leaves Venessa with initiative EVEN when blocked
    1) b+P (DS)
    2) p+k,p (DS)
    3) d+k,p,p (DS/MS)
    4) k,k,p,p (MS) note the first P hits mid so opponent cannot duck
    5) d+p+K (DS) this move supposed gives Venessa LOTS of initiative when blocked. but very slow.

MS stuff
    f+p,p,k. This first P gives you initiative when MC. second P do not gives you initiative even on MC. knee gives you inititative on normal hit.

lightning elbow is supposedly VERY VERY GOOD. and can used to punish missed low moves too, although it is a high move.

f,f+k+g can tsubusu low punch. what does tsubusu mean??? too lazy to check dictionary but it says used when you predict a low punch so probably can hit low p??
    Lion's stuff:
    his dodge can dodge throws in the middle stages. His d_f+P is THROW COUNTERABLE!!!! and can dodge mid moves much better in eight stance.

2. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Alantan can you translate some of the Kage stuff please?

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I dun play Kage so it is hard for me to understand.
    What I know is the pp,spin elbow is a true combo and leaves Kage with initiative EVEN WHEN BLOCKED. so iit is a pretty good move.

d+k+G is throw counterable at close range.
    after a blocked elbow, jumonji stance p+k is a good idea as you cannot be thrown and you sabaki many moves.

Jeffery stuff:
    confirmed throw opportunities
    1) d+k (normal hit), toe kick of doom
    2) b+p+k,k MC
    3) d/f+p+k,p,p normal hit
    4) f+k+g normal hit
    5) p+k+g, p blocked, f+p+g

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

5) p+k+g, p blocked, f+p+g

This counter stance "hit" throw is really rude. Is anyone taking advantage of it yet? Is it worth abusing?

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    couple things

tsubusu.. I just figured this out myself. I'm pretty sure it means interrupt, or beat. Dictionary says break, crush, smash.

There's a whole section in a magazine I just got about Kage's PP, b+P. It does give Kage advantage, even when guarded. Says Kage should try elbow, d+P, or throw after. And also that following with K or Jumonji is okay, but above is much better. Defender should middle attack to avoid throw, or escape throw escape. But if you ETE Kage can nail you with delayed K. If Kage goes for the elbow, you can P or low P as long as you are in 8, heh... open stance, and you'll tsubusu his HijiUchi (elbow).

I've used Jeff's P+K+G, P a bit, but haven't gotten the throw yet. People usually duck, and it's range isn't too long, so I usually go for the kick. Nice how it knocks them down, though.

Spotlite

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

What happens if the adversaire is in cerrada postura after ostruire the Doppellochung Spinnenwinkelstück and Kage goes for the cotovelo? Will the niedriger Locher or the ereto perfurador be unterbrochen?