1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Truesonic2k, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised there wasn't a topic on this game already especially since it's only a week away from release. Anyone else here plan on buying or even playing this one? I'm a bit excited for this one, I decided to buy this instead of KOFXII and since I liked Guilty Gear I'm thinking this will be good too ya know?

I'm thinking of maining Arakune and Bang.

Official Site
    http://www.blazblue.com/

2. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    i've been playing blazblue since november. i had some mixed feelings at first, but it's grown on me and in all honesty it's a very good game.

here's the only video of me playing blazblue on the internet right now. i lose pretty badly, in part because this is a bad matchup but also in part because i had been playing hakumen for about a day at that point (i had played jin up until then).

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HoPUXdjHwJ4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HoPUXdjHwJ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I heard that its not regionfree after all so its only playable on japanese and maybe US Xboxes?

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Yeah, something happen on the last minute. Truesonic, if you don't have Quash in your friends list, add him, or me.

5. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not region-free on Xbox, it was a last minute change. However, the good news is that it will be released in Europe, which it wasn't going to, earlier. Just not sure when :3

6. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Got it on pre-order... Can't wait to get this game!

Got KOF XII on pre-order as well. Both games look pretty awesome.

7. Tormentosa

Tormentosa Active Member

Where are you found that info, friend?
    I'm very interested in this game!! (GG fan)

8. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I have it on preorder (ps3). Can't wait.

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I don't see any info on a Euro release, what date does the PS3 U.S version come out?

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

June 30th / July 1st ~ ish.

11. haunts

haunts Well-Known Member

I have the game now, it's really good. Been playing off and on for a couple months now. the online options are sick. [​IMG]

Ill have a full review up soon.

12. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    party at haunts' place!

13. Gernburgs

KOF XII got delayed until the 20th of July... Just got an email from Gamestop... It looked like it could get pushed back further too...

14. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Is coming on the 30th of July. Thats what Amazon is saying in their previous e-mails sent out to people who put money down.

15. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

Seriously? Dang I wanted KOFXII so bad. I guess this will give me a little more time work on BlazBlue. You guys are going to murder me in that game.

16. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Don't worry I'm terrible at fighters. You'd swear I'm using my arcade stick with my elbows.

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Frankie n quash:

Y'all gonna teach us right?

18. Gernburgs

Dude, I have a feeling I'm gonna take some hard beatings myself... I've only seen Blaz Blue in videos. However, I have heard a lot good things about the game. Seems to have some cool combos as well.

Nowadays, I feel like if you don't live in California or NYC it's so damn hard to find an arcade, let alone with newer games like Blaz Blue or KOF XII. I don't really get to play anything that doesn't come to console (I envy you and your ilk Shinobi Fist [​IMG] ).

There's a store down the street from me that has an old "Bad Dudes" arcade machine and that's the only arcade cabinet I've seen in months [​IMG]

I REALLY hope the publishers keep giving us fighting games to play or I'll be cut out of the picture completely. I pray that online VS and improved netcodes will keep the genre coming to console so I get to play!

19. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    if you play nu, arakune or rachel, zone out.

if you play hakumen or tager, turtle and punish.

if you play anyone else, rush that shit down.

20. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

You don't have to pay for the next match if you win...