1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Truesonic2k, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

I'll be on the 360 version. Probably not until the weekend though.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think the licence is owned by Sega now. We'll prob see VF5R before GGX3. LoL

3. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

ggx is owned by sega? When?

4. Rabbit

Rabbit Well-Known Member

This.

5. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

6. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

Really? I was under the impression that Arc System Works simply shifted its attention to a new franchise... Anyway, if GGX3 ever comes out it may be just the push I need to get a PS3 or whatever. Priority even over R... although I rather suck at GG.

This is such a mess [​IMG] ... Thanks for the info, though!

Sorry for sidetracking this thread, carry on please [​IMG]

For now, I guess my best bet is just going to town tomorrow and picking up AC+ to cry myself to sleep over [​IMG]

7. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
  8. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    no joke; i'm actually gonna be writing all of that this week.

between ipw, the dustloop wiki, random scrubs on dl and random scrubs in the arcade, i'm going to be doing nothing but playing and talking blazblue the next week or so.

9. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

10. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

quick little* fuck you to aksys.

*make that a big fuck you

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Sammy Studios has been with Sega for some time now. That's kinda old news. Welcome to the party.

I've already reserved the game and am DYING to bust out this game. I liked GGX2 a lot, but I got into it late in the game's life and it's just too damn hard to pick up a game that complex with everyone lightyears ahead of you.

BB on the other hand is new and fresh so I should be able to pick it up fast enough to keep up pace. The game is supposed to just be a better version of GG. I like that Sammy Studios decided to make a new franchise than try to re-tool their old cast or a. la. SFIII just dump the original cast and try to call it the next in the series.

12. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    uh, neither gg or bb are developed by sammy. it's arc system works that does all the heavy lifting.

think am2 to sega in vf's case.

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

It has to be the shiny graphics....Its gotta be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> most people who haven't really played guilty gear probably have no idea what frc's or slashbacks are, and yet those same people can pick up blazblue (regardless of what fighter you're coming from, really) and learn most of the basics in less than a day. it might take you a bit to get used to the wakeup mechanics and the throws/throw escapes (if you play vf you have no excuse to be bad at these :p) but other than that it's a pretty unique take on a basic formula.
    </div></div>
    Was'nt SF4 exactly like this? User-Friendly in simpler terms.

14. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Arc Systems basically created Blazblue to have a series where they own the rights to everything themselves, which hasn't been the case with other games they've made ( Hokuto No Ken, Guilty Gear, Sengoku Basara X ). They must have seen the money Sega Sammy raked in on Guilty Gear and rightfully thought "why don't we just get all of that $$$ ourselves?"

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If only the game would be released in Europe. Europeans have been shafted in terms of game releases since the dawn of time.

16. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Swedish game mag Game Reactor says it will be released in Europe on August 14th, but they're also known to be full of shit from time to time.

17. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    i recall aksys announcing themselves that they would release an eu 360 version later in the year, but its best to check the aksys website for yourself.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its regionfree on PS3 if Im not mistaken. Not on 360.

19. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

It is.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5981

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/153

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's an e-mail I received today from aksys support.

Hi,

Please disregard that last email. There was a problem in our chain of
    command and it seems BlazBlue for the Xbox 360 will only be playable on US
    and Asia consoles.

PS3 of course is still region free.

Sorry for the inconvenience!</div></div>