1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Truesonic2k, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

If you read the review, it's pretty much a rave. The dude loves Blaz Blue saying it's already one of his all time favorites.

Each character has different, special game mechanics to master which he says give the game a lot of depth.

If you buy the game tomorrow, they only have the collectors edition and it's the same price as a normal game ($59.99)... Comes with an in-depth training DVD (sounds cool), soundtrack and an art book I think.

I think this game is gonna be really good. Wish they would sell it to me today!!!

2. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

uhm no it's not, jap version runs on US 360s and vice versa from what Ive read but none work on PAL 360s.

again, fuck you aksys.

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If this game is not used very soon, what Fulan said x100

4. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant to confirm that it was indeed region free on the PS3.

5. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

ah my bad.

6. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Was passing my local gamestop today and decided to stop in and see if they shelved it early. No such luck... I put $5 down to ensure my copy tomorrow and I'll pick it up for 55 on my way to work. Look forward to learning a new style of game. VF and SF are really all I've played. See you guys online [​IMG]

7. Gernburgs

Tomorrow my plan is:

Play Blaz Blue on my 360 while watching the Blaz Blue DVD on TV while pumping the Blaz Blue CD soundtrack on my stereo...

Ashley just called from Gamestop to tell me that my plan would be in motion tomorrow afternoon...

Niiice!

8. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

Ashley called you too? lol This is Ashley calling to remind you that....BLAZE Blue Calamity Trigger Pack...should be arriving Tuesday Afternoon.

Oh Ashley from Gamestop, you are so silly.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    What do you reckon the pronunciation percentage distribution between "blaz" as in spaz and "blaze" as in haze?

I bet 73% say "uuuhh blaze?... blue?"

10. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    I asked the guy at gamestop when they were getting "Blaze" blue in, just so he didn't try to correct me or anything... "It's not BLAZ DUDE". Honestly I don't even know how the CREATORS want it pronounced. But grammatically speaking I would read it as "Blaz" blue.

11. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

VFDC BlazBlue party tomorrow. Quash, is hosting. He has too, lol.

12. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Based on the katakana rendition ([​IMG]) it's pronunced in Japan as "[​IMG]", so I'd assume that's how the creators pronounce it. But if you ask for a copy of BlayBuru at your local GameStop, all you're likely to get is blank stares.

Edit: I hate you so much you non-unicode conforming BBS software.

Edit (again): Fixed.

13. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

If it's pronounced "Burei", then the Japanese are reading it as "Blaze", amirite?

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When's the last time you went to an arcade :p ? Every SFIV machine I've seen (in America) has had a win limit on it. Meaning if you win four times in a row (or whatever the machine is set to) you get a game over. So you have at most four matches for a dollar. Arcade vendors and companies have unfortunately long circumnavigated that barrier for profits.</div></div>

Seriously, are the arcade owners thinking that the player who is playing solo in arcade mode for about 10-15 minutes gives them more money than player B losing to the player A in about 2 minutes and then player A continuing the arcade mode? Do they think that player B challenges for free? Whats their reasoning? I don't understand.

15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Seriously, are the arcade owners thinking that the player who is playing solo in arcade mode for about 10-15 minutes gives them more money than player B losing to the player A in about 2 minutes and then player A continuing the arcade mode? Do they think that player B challenges for free? Whats their reasoning? I don't understand. </div></div>

Dunno what arcade you're talking about but in CTF there is no limit. I've seen people sit on that machine forever and rack up wins.

16. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Not exactly. I'm pretty sure "Blaze" would become "Bureizu".

17. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    i'm actually going to be busy during the day and at a friends place playing it at night.

maybe wednesday. [​IMG]

18. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Bastard, lol. No sensi for you then, lol.

19. Gernburgs

I'm really interested to see what the training DVD is like...

Interesting way to train the player in the systems...

20. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

Wish I wasn't broke, so I could pick my damn copy of the game up.