1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Truesonic2k, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Heh, I know the feeling. I'm strongly considering picking this up, but after what a dissapointment SCIV was (in my opinion, no need for comments SC fans :p), I'm a bit apprehensive to buy the game until the community has had some time to pick it apart. I sorta feel like I dodged a bullet that way already by not picking up SFIV right away.

2. gl0ry

gl0ry Well-Known Member

netcode on 360 is the best on any fighter i've ever played

3. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    the game's been out since october, and in my area we got it in november.

game's had plenty of time to be dissected. perhaps you know of a gg/bb player named veteru? that guy knows this game better than anyone i've talked to and he can quite literally go on for hours about the mechanics (we talked about bb for hours at fanime, hahah).

i say go for it dude. i know how you feel, since that's how i felt for the first two months or so of playing it, but let me assure you that this game is absolutely incredible, especially for a first try.

also, i'm gonna be slightly scrubbish if you play me on xbl for the time being, since i'm playing this game on pad. [​IMG] still need to get my hrap 2 360-ready (though i can still land hakumen's j.2C loop 3/5 times!).

4. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

Buy it now because you'll get the limited edition version which comes with a tutorial DVD.

5. turpenoid

turpenoid Member

Gonna try this game out tomorrow at my friend's place. See how it feels in my hand, if it's something I'd wanna pick up. Looks cool.

6. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

...ok, I'm biting the bullet and getting it. But I'm ordering it off amazon.com with free shipping. The wait isn't much of an issue though, since my HRAP isn't due to be shipped til July 10th, and I don't really want to attempt this game on a pad. :p

7. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

How much of an ass-whipping am I gonna take when I try it? I played GG VERY briefly.

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Yeah the online VS seems really smooth. I didn't notice any lag in some games I played yesterday.

The load times are really fast too.

I played Training Mode for like 4 hours last night and tried out every character. They are all very, very different...

I guess as a comparison, in Street Fighter, the characters are pretty different but they all still conform to some basic characteristics like size and generally conform within, basically, the same mechanics in the game.

In Blazz Blue, that's pretty much out the window... Most of the characters in BB have mechanics that are special just to them. Whether it's having some special meter or needing to score hits with certain moves to open up other moves, it's very interesting.

One really cool example I can give from what I played last night is something that Rachel Alucard (a character in BB) can do. She can control the wind and which way it's blowing in eight directions. The wind will effect her, projectiles and the other player. She can summon this floating jackolantern (spelling?) and then blow it around the screen as a projectile. So you can leave it floating and blow it into your opponent in a combo or blow it above them and then down on their head; in practice, it's an awesome mechanic to mess around with...

The game seems pretty deep, especially after watching the some of the DVD. Some of the combos are just crazy yet very stylish. I think this game is an incredible deal for $60 bucks. This game is arcade quality through and through...

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I haven't mess with online on the 360, but if play one more japanese player on the PSN, I'm going to break something. Time to play some americans on the 360 now.

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I mess with litchee and I already retired noel LOL. I don't wanna use a popular character. I also tried messing with carl too.

11. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

You couldn't be playing japanese players because the patch that fixes online play on the PSN hasn't come out yet for America, but has in Japan. The game won't let you play them, it just says failed to connect. Unless this was earlier : P.

Anyway I play Hakumen and I'll probably get the 360 version as well later today.

12. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Is this a game good for killing time?
    What's difference between PS3 and 360 versions?

Of course can someone recommend any good games recently?

13. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Cozby I already told you bro. Only scrubs play Noel because she can just drive attack and spam shit for wins against new people. As long as you play Noel legit you'll get props for it :p If you actually look at Noel's combos, practically none start from a drive attack.

Yeah, I play Noel, and once I get her down (I can't even consistently do BnB combos in match), I'm moving on to Arakune.

EDIT: I love the ranking system in this game lol. Just played a level 24 and i'm level 5. Got 65k points and 4 levels from him.

EDIT2: Dennis if your anything like me, this game will annihilate your time. I got home and played for about 6 hours. Of course I can honestly say I did that in SF4 too, and that games charm wore off mad quick, so take it with a grain of salt.

14. ShinobiFist

You could throw her out of those drive attacks(Noel)that's what alot of people don't know. But anyway, I'm using Noel and Racheal. I'm not messing with online like that this week until I get a hang of some this combos and setups.

15. ShinobiFist

Nothing, I have both copies. But my system settings om both consoles makes the PS3 version sharper and colors vibrant then the 360. From what I experience, I got lag once in awhile on both consoles(During lobby play on the PSN and 360)If you have friends playing on the PSN get it, but if you want to play your fellow VFDC members, get the 360 version. I'm playing mostly on the PSN because I have more friends playing Blazblue(20+) then the 360(9 maybe). Get the game, is alot of fun.

16. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

This game is kicking my ass. I play Litchi and I am ready to start breaking shit. I've never had so much trouble with a fighting game in my life. People online are murdering me with Noel, Jin and Ragna. I'm so sick of seeing them.

17. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I have a hard time dealing with Nu(V-13) as Arakune because I myself have to get my curses out but she always nails me with a projectile and cancels anything I had planned.

18. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Alright got it for 360, come get raped!

19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Im going to Destroy shit with Carl. So get a head start folks while i kill MOTW for a little bit. Since we live in the "Safe Era" im in no rush to see the spammable moves and tatics yet. People already watched Hi-Level you tube vids to learn cheap tatics. I brought a Daily newspaper today in N.Y. that was sponsered by Blazblue and the Cover was a BB poster. Hey 2-D fighters are coming back people.

20. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    HOLLA!

I'm in love with some of the crazy stuff Litchi can do... getting rediculous random combos cuz the stick hit you somehow.