1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Truesonic2k, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm loving this game too!

Rachel Alucard FTW!!!!!

Very fun game. Love the combos too!

Netcode is freaking awesome for the 360. Least laggy game yet, it's imperceptible on all but the worst connections.

2. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Alucard...is the related to castlevania?

3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

but...but...most people percieve lag even when there isn't any... [​IMG]

4. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say there was lag last night. I mean... it's the only way to explain going 0-12 against denkai glory and GT right? Haha. GGs last night guys.

PS: Hakumen's damage is off the charts. And that counter is cool.

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's a vampire.

6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

I wonder if she is related to Slayer from ggx2 electric boogaloo

7. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards. The name is not really exclusive with the Castlevania series anymore if it ever was.

And yes BB is a great game, certainly won't be touching SFIV, probably ever again.

8. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I traded back my copy of SF4 to preorder this game. And I'm not regretting it so far.

9. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

I keep playing "high level" Japanese players. I keep ending up in 1 on 1 rooms with someone with 30+ rank and get taken to school. It's a good way to learn though...I hope.

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I just Copped the game. Put it in my 360 played it for about 30 minutes used a variety of characters and realized i don't like it much.I'm not going to force myself to play this game to see whatever potential it may have. Im kind of dissapointed in the scheme of the game overall.It reminds me too much of GG and i played the hell outta that game. From now on im not listening to anymore raves and rants about games from anybody.

anybody in the NY area that would like to buy this game from me PM me i only want 40 bucks for this trash ass collectors edition.

11. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

40 bucks? for collectors edition? cool let me have it

12. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    to each his own i guess.

though i find it funny that it reminds you of gg, seeing as most hardcore gg players who hate it complain that it's not enough like gg.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    quash, it's interesting to hear that about hardcore GG players. I've played a bit of the GG series, but would never call myself hardcore or even decent at the game/series.

On the surface though, I'm kinda with SDS_Overfiend1 here in saying that BB reminds me an awful lot of GG. Of course, I've yet to play it so for now I can only go on the way it looks when played, and I personally don't find it appealing whatsoever. For me it's a case of "been there, done that".

Kind of reminds me of the SF4 hype which I got sucked into as well.

p.s. strangely, I've found myself playing VF5 again (first time since SoCal) and fucking loving it.

14. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    WOW man... strange day today. I had this guy send me some strange pm that made no sense. And then he got on his mic and cursed at me in Japanese, and from the lil Japanese I know, I can't imagine the shit he was tossing at me. And then he switched to English and started to "mock" me during the quiet loading screens with,

"HEY AMERICAN! YOU WANT HAMBURGER!? YOU WANT HOT DOG!?"

but anyways,
    GGs to Gern, love to see ppl use the cast members you don't see online, and use them well.
    GGs to GT. I wanna say though, after 236c off of 41236d~c, its alot easier to hit with 5b than 2c. and both are jump cancel-able. But you made it look so easy though, like everything else your Asian ass does.
    GGs to Izuna, kinda odd running into the same faces on every fighter.
    GGs to Jo. You're another Asian ass.
    I think im gonna stick on litchi, still need to develop some more good setups.

EDIT: @ Myke: hold on, since when is SF4 a fighting game? It's DEFINITELY a role-playing game. I was never motivated to play GG well but meh, I'm having alot more fun with this than SF.

15. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    LOL! That guy rocks. You need to record that shit or something.

EDIT: The hype in this game, in my opinion, completely revolves around the fact that there are lobbies up to 6 players, and a good netcode. >2 player lobbies should be required in every fighting game at this point in time.

16. unledded

unledded New Member

Where do you find her Bnb combos? All the combo lists I've seen doesn't differentiate between BnB and non-BnB combos, how can you tell which are BnB?

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    That name was propably used first in an old, black/white dracula movie from the 40s-50s. I just dont remember which.

18. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

If you gonna be dumb don't be halfway dumb revealing that there some common sense in there.Just be all the way dumb with it. Im not a hardcore GG player but this game feels like GG with moves removed for causalness. I hope Venom is a secret character in here somewhere because he would'nt feel out of place.

Myke i think the game is ok/Decent but nothing to rave about other than the lobby set up. You already been there done that if you played GG a lot(air dashing to cover ground,Fall recover out of air combo's,Madness on screen and your somewhere in it, ETC.) this game is for the people who missed out on GG basically. SF4 is more entertaining than this to me if played right.

I ain't trying to ruffle no feathers but i trying to call it how i see it instead of having heads waste funds in bullshit.

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I need a US PS3 version. XBOX version is useless to me.

Im not sure I like this game either but it still propably better than SF4 which I recently got fed up with.

20. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

^This game is way more interesting than SF4 (Safe jumps, safe DP's into ultra were only fun for 5 minutes) and has the best netcode to date for a console fighting game. I don't know how they did it but playing players who you normally have a good connection with feels almost lagless. If you enjoy fighting games I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't give the game a chance. People not giving games a fair chance is why VF has a SF the movie game sized community in America. : )

My only problem with the game so far is that I don't really like any of the characters so I'm jumping around trying to find someone to main. I'm playing Taokaka now : P.