1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Blindfighting

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Does anyone else like to fight with their back turned? (presumably using a character suited for such behaviour)

I love doing this with Lion as it can open up some very interesting games. Lion's uf+E, and ub+E dodges work with his back turned and do not turn him around - making him quite maneuverable.

Thoughts anyone?

PS> The spell checker tells me to replace 'uf+E' with 'Uganda'. Go figure. ;)

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

Actually, this is an area I've been messing with, with Lion lately (dabbled a bit a few months ago).

His special dodges definitely have a great effect. I also like using his d P E and u P K as well as f P E to do some rather "annoying" kinds of zones or just simply messing around.

As far as f P E goes, it doesn't look all that much like it, but he's practically back to facing the enemy if he does it while being TA. Some fun stuff to mess around with that, imo. d P E is good ad avoiding certain attacks or just to create some awkward distancing between the two players. I also like to get into a TA position and do Dodge towards chest, d P E over a fallen opponent, in which it acts as an ura-oki of some sort.

u P K is simply just one of those annoying run away kinda things, but it's fun if opponents were not expecting it.

Tons more to do as well. I think on the NYG2 tapes, i see Shota messing around with a lot of TA Lion.

We've also seen "standard" TA Shun tactics, but I'm curious if anyone's ever taken Shun's TA games a step further. Aside from using P K or d K E or roll-away or TAPoD (which altogether in themselves are entertaining imo). I guess I should try out the special dodges and their affects with Shun. I do like Shun's TT Kick though. I guess that's my next project (when I have the time), a TA Shun style/tactics/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh yeah, Lion's u K, K also works when he's TA. Hmmm, think it's time to compile a list of moves that work while TA. Been planning to do it eventually anyways.

-Chanchai

Additional Note:
    Using the Dodge-Sidekick while TA. Haven't messed with it against an opponent to see if there's any really good use for it, but as far as Lion goes, this is what I see. If the TA attack was from open stance, the followup dodge sidekick will result in Lion coming back to TT after the move. However, if the original position was closed stance, he'll still be TA after dodge-sidekick.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 2/22/01 07:19 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

yep...very fun with Aoi :)

lots of dashing forward and back (well, stepping back), and some hopping...i mean, besides the fun factor and surprise, the ability to dash away from the opponent so quickly was the main advantage that i saw to being turned around.

uf+e=uganda? lol...guess it puts '+' after 'z'. you'd think it would leave something with a '+' in it alone, be it letters or numbers.

4. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Come on Llany, you know very well Sarah is a great char for blind fighting! Her turn around kick is very safe (GE's video along time ago pointed that out for us). Her TT sweep pounce clobers a lot of people, and if you think they're going to block TT P-sidekick. Don't forget she can also moonsault.

cheers,
    kbcat

5. Chanchai

Well... Lau's pretty crazy for blind-fighting/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm sure that's obvious to most of you guys. Don't know what level of creativity you can apply to Lau in his blind-fighting state though.

-Chanchai

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'm with kbcat -- Sarah is excellent fighting with her back.

Don't forget her E -> catch throw, which is a great offensive weapon for those that try to hit Sarah in the back and miss.

ice-9

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

sometimes...only sometimes (usually, when I am bored as hell)
    when the opponents TA
    I scream BAAAAAANNNN ZZZAAAIIIIIIII!/images/icons/mad.gif

I TA myself, starts running away from them.
    Then I wish there's a taunt in VF which i can use during battle./images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

8. Chanchai

Then I wish there's a taunt in VF which i can use during battle.

You could always do retracting kicks (given your character can) /images/icons/tongue.gif

There are many ways to taunt your opponent in VF. Heck, you can nail him with an evading-sidekick! (remember that KB?/images/icons/tongue.gif, damn, that was 11 months ago!)

-Chanchai

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually Chan
    The taunts I was referring to are the ones u can find in Kof, esp Iori.

During mid battle, standing there
    saying 'What? I'm scary?'
    Wayyyyyy tooo fun to not use it/images/icons/smile.gif

Of course, as u said, the best way to taunt a guy is to nail him with moves considered to be 'uselss' by many others.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

10. Chanchai

I know what you meant by taunts, I was just saying you can use a substitute.

With the retracting Kicks, just do it a bunch and it looks stupid, but that's the point when you're doing it like that/images/icons/tongue.gif Heck, that's what I saw Shota doing against Hiro in some of these NYG2 matches. Especially with Jacky where he's spinning his fists around as if he's a little english girl playing one of her little schoolyard games.

Don't reply to this here, but you know how start button does a taunt in many capcom fighters? Hehehe, don't you just love hitting your opponent's start button?!/images/icons/tongue.gif God that would piss me off in a VF match (or any match).

Back to blindfighting.... Sarah's gotta be the Queen of blindfighting. Of course, it's fun watching Kage set an opponent up for his TA throw/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai