1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Get Together ( Beasty's Bean Bowl)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by BeastEG, Feb 23, 2013.

1. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Hey guys!

I just wanted to take the temperature to see if people would be interested in gathering in Boston for a VF day or something. Since I'm currently a student at BU, I was going to poke around and see if there was a room we could use to put some setups and get rolling. I was thinking of it to be more casual with people getting together and playing, but we could run a tourney (I'll try to manage it so it goes smoothly as opposed to participating in it). If I can't get a room at BU, I'll see if there is a way to have something at my place or figure something out!

I was thinking that if it wasn't too many people (or if people wanted to volunteer to help me out), I could cook for people coming. I'd try to have the "venue fee" go to the food since I'd imagine using a room should be free.

Does this interest anyone? If not no worries, but I wanted to avoid doing legwork if it wouldn't pan out to anything. Most likely would shoot around 3/9 or 3/16, both of which are the Saturdays I'm on spring break.

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'm in!

BeastEG likes this.
  3. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

hi guys, a friend texted me saying that someone posted up on VFDC about interest in playing VF. i may need to work in the coming weekends, but i'll see if i can get out for one.
    i haven't been playing many games lately and am just not very active in the fighting game communities of MA in general; just getting old.
    there are a few players interested in VF that go to UGS at it's new location boston. i think they play on both fridays and saturdays. mainly tekken now, but always people playing other games like marvel, doa, and throwbacks.

oneida likes this.
  4. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Prolly me, I've been hounding the MFC facebook group for some offline VF for a while. I haven't made it down to UGS yet but I've been directed there before. Lemme know if you can make it down and I'll show for sure.

5. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

what time do you guys play when you session?

6. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Apparently Friday is 3D fight night at UGS. That's usually the day I can make it out to GU, too, but the UGS guys have been making a lot more VF noise lately

7. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

snow and work killed last weekend. might try to play this week. BU sounds nice and close to me haha. as for UGS, I know two guys, Dre and Francis, that would play, but most people are on tekken.
    have i played you at GU before oneida?

8. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Not yet ;___; I've got lots of matches in with sam and ryan who both know you, I think. Ryan plays Kage and Sam plays Jacky

9. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

ohh ok cool. Sam still going to GU these days?

i'll let you know about UGS this weekend. to tell you the truth, i hate paying that $7 fee for UGS. I know I sound cheap, but $7 adds up and I really am discouraged when I have to pay that. the whole BU thing sounds cool, but not sure i'm down with any venue fee. i don't expect to be fed.
    BU would be a great location for me to quickly get to though. how far are you guys from UGS and BU?

10. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Sam goes to GU more than me and mostly plays anime stuff and Marvel.

I live outside Boston, closer to GU really, but I get free parking in Cambridge on nights and weekends since I take classes in the city. I've never even been to UGS so I'm not particularly attached to it; it just seems like there's a lot more VF play there than at GU. I spend a lot of time in training mode at GU :/

11. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

GU and UGS are far apart. i'm closer to boston myself, so i don't normally go to GU. I can get to BU in a matter of minutes. hard to be fair to everyone, where you guys wanna meet up?

12. masang_lion

masang_lion Member

i guess i should start hitting Reply so it sends Alerts. anyway...

13. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'll see if I can get some more in FGBeastEG's VF Day at BU. Sounds like a blast to me.

14. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'm subscribed to this thread, but I should probably do the same

15. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Yeah, doesn't look like there is enough interest unfortunately, plus I got the shaft at school so I have a lot due after spring break.

Oh well, maybe something later