1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Boston-Somerville VF Gathering - Fudd & Games

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by siLEpai, Jan 22, 2002.

1. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey y'all,

I'll be flying in around 10:30 AM on Sunday, February 3, to Logan, but I wanted to see if you guys are up for a Boston TGIVF reunion that afternoon 'n evening. I'm swamped the rest of the week for training, but I should be free that day. Rich mentioned there was a VF machine at Good Times in Somerville, but the stix and smoky aura might not be to our liking.

Either case, I'm up for checking it out and catching up with you guys for fudd =D I'll gladly trade you guys dinner for some VF lessons siLE =) Rich and Shang, who else is still around from the crew? Shang, did Ping move back to Taiwan and is Pete (the one who learned Chinese) from UMASS still around? I think Shoko went back to Japan. Joji's still around and preoccuppied *ahem*, but I didn't have time to meet up with him last time I was in Boston. So, I'll send him an email to drag him to join us. Is Yupa still around to drive up? I'll spare him of my curry stew this time hehe =)

So make some free time on that siLE Sunday and pick a yummy place to eat 'k? Doh, don't forget a vegan alternative hehe =)

take it EZ,
    siLE-Pai =P

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Count me in... will be nice to see you again... =)
    If you can get Joji out of hiding, all the better!

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hey Jim. Ah so you'll be there. I guess I might as well come. I'll send you a PM.

4. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey Jim,

Cool! It will be great to see you again too @_@ We'll try to eat a bit 'healthier' this time around with or without Joji hehe =) Yah, he hasn't been hiding. It's more like busy with his new GF at Wellesley. He's happy though and he should be after he finishes his last year of med school. I'll try my best to convince him to make time for his VF buDs hehe.

An alternative to Good Times is VF3 at Jills if it's still there. I don't care where we play or eat as long as we all meet up siLE =) Okay, hopefully not too far from Lexington seeing how that's where I have to be on Monday morning =)

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The last time I visited Jillians was about a week before Goodtimes got VF4. Jillian's only had Tekken 4 and the VF3 machine was not there. Has anyone been over there recently? Do they have VF4 yet? How much $$$ per game?

Shang was right. Goodtimes is actually easier to get to with my schedule. It's right off the highway and parking is a breeze in Somerville compared to the mess around Fenway and fighting for parking clogged up by the bars/clubs in that area.

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

When do you go to Goodtime nowadays? I haven't see anybody in month. It's funny how Sean calls me "Jimmy" all the time. You two must had some good games cuz he calls everyone Jimmy once awhile.
    Ping = Quincy
    Peter = Shanghai silepai.

7. siLEpai

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey y'all,

Joji said he should be able to make it on 2/3 before he's off residency hunting again on 2/5 in Vermont, Oregon, and Washington. He had a chance to play VF4 over New Years in Japan and said there was this card you inserted into the machine that kept track of your results and ranking. It was cool cause it was linked to all the other VF4 machines in the country or something.

OkEdOkE santOkgI, let's think of a yummy place with vegan options to chill afterwards. I'll email you guys probably this weekend. Yay!

8. dokira

dokira New Member

Is this place, goodtimes, where the circuit city and loews
    theater are? I haven't played VF since I played VF3
    3 years ago, mainly because I couldn't find anyone
    near me who's playing VF.

I'm so glad that I finally found VF4 in boston.although
    it's quite expensive. hope you guys enjoy games there.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

dokira, Yeah, you've got the right place. Behind Circuit City and diagonally across from the theatre. It's not expensive IMO, only 60 cents if you buy tokens $20 at a time. Come check it out Sunday afternoon if you can.

Shang, sorry I haven't been around lately... waking up ~3 hrs early and then driving over an hour just to get a couple of hours of game time in before going to work for the night is a real drag. We should try to set up a regular night if possible. Let's talk about it on Sunday... I look forward to telling you about some the stuff Robertson in Toronto is doing with Akira.