1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Jun 19, 2012.

1. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    That's a mighty fine avatar you have there >=)

2. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    What move is 323P in the combo list?

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

the move [2_][3][P] can be inputer with [3][2][3][P] as well or as [3][3][P].
    I don't know why in the combos list is 323 and not 33 but i guess the content manager had his reason.

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I didn't know you could do that, LOL. I'm used to [3][2][3] anyway. : P

EDIT: Brad used to have [3][3][P] as an overlapping command, so that's likely why I never thought of it. You used to have to enter [3][2][3].

BeastEG and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  5. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    You can do full crouch type moves (2_~whatever) by buffering one crouch dashing frame and the attack, from standing. From crouching you can just enter 3P to get 2_3P. To finish off this thought, you can do full standing moves from crouching by buffering one frame of a dash first.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

One question, how many moves Brad can do hit check like 6P(CH) > K? Ducking P+K > P perhaps?

Thanks~

7. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Here's an incomplete list I'm working on using the frame input display. It's editable if anyone else has any similar information.

It currently seems as though every Brad should be hitchecking 6PK, 4PK, 3PP, 3P+KP, Slipping PP, and maybe 3PK, all on counterhit. You can hitconfirm these on normal hit in battle by using the twitching of your opponent to know whether you'll hit them or not. I haven't tested Ducking P+KP yet, would be good to know the frames on CH and crouch stagger hitconfirms.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  8. Signia

Signia Member

3PK is definitely CH-confirmable. 3P seems like a pretty good CH mid if they either guard (only -4) or abare, and if they step you might still be able to tag them with the K string followup.

Sway Back PPKK is hit confirmable as well if you do the PP quickly, confirm the hit, then hit K and time the JF K. It's also a combo on normal hit, and will punish more things after the evade than SB K, so this might be worth practicing.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  9. Dennis0201

Is ducking P+K P guaranteed when sideturn 4K CH?

10. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Yes, It is indeed. So is 6P -> Slipping P+K on CH.

11. Dennis0201

You mean at sideturn 6P CH > slipping P+K right??

12. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Yessir

Dennis0201 likes this.
  13. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    This is a request more than a question, but it would be nice if you guys could post up Brad's Post Sobering Combo up somewhere. I noticed Goh had one when I was going through his combo list.

14. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Pretty sure that's supposed to be a Wiki item, but some content managers have placed them into the combo lists. I think it's a more appropriate item for the former, but I'll work on some combos and post them somewhere.

15. Dennis0201

Liber,

are you sure this is for sober after KO? 9P+K>4P>9K?

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Started playing around with Brad, general combo's thread here was quite useful and a lot of the info in this thread too but is there a top 10 moves thread anywhere?

Obviously I know how to use moves like [P], [2][P] and [6][P] but I feel pretty lost with Brad so a quick rundown of some of his better moves would be appreciated

Jay David likes this.
  17. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Feck likes this.
  18. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Hey Feck, It will vary what someone's top 10 moves are in a match pending on their style and their opponent. That being said I'll give you what I believe to be my top 10 moves in matches and brief reasons why.

1.)4[P] : This half-circular move is quick at 15f execution. Can go into stances from this or use a delay-able [K] follow up mid knee.

2.)6[P][+][K]: Awesome punishing tool that causes knockdown and gives you a combo.

3.)3[P]: A good mid with follow up options including a full circular high.

4.)6[P]: Brad's 14f elbow. A delayed follow-up [K] is good for punishing failed evasions.

5.)[P][+][K]: Two rapid jabs that can't be stopped once they connect to an opponent's guard or face. Has a powerful hit check-able string as follow-up option.

6.)Slipping~[P][P][K] On hit [K]: An awesome Combo. Very swift, get tons of CH's from this combo and don't forget to break ankles with the [P][P]2[K] variant.

7.)[K][+][G]: One of his safer full circular kicks.

8.)9[P][+][K]: I was so happy this was added in FS. Easily my new favorite command. It's an Ex High that crushes most lows when you can read them. And hey and you read wrong and they decide to throw instead, BOOM! Still leave leaving dents in the skull!!!

9.)3[K]: I end a lot of matches using this move on my opponents wake-up. Fairly quick, not very telegraphed.

10.)[P][+][K][+][G]: A mid-kick "sabaki" (I don't know the actual classification) that leaves you at +15 when you successfully absorb a mid-kick. Mostly used for punishing wake up attacks. You get a guaranteed combo if you use this successfully. (6[P][+][K],3[P][P], 9[K] generic version)

Of course you can't rely on any 10 moves to win matches but try these out in matches and you should begin to find a rhythm. Don't take the order or the moves I listed too seriously. Every command Brad has is useful in the right situation. I tried to base it on effectiveness vs. ease of use. Hopefully you can use this until you're ready to dive into better, more detailed strategies and explanations available. Also keep in mind that I did NOT list the negative aspects to any of those commands. *(Tried to use the directional arrows instead of number notation and couldn't get it to work sorry. Would try to fix it but I have to get going in a few.)*

adverse and Feck like this.
  19. Libertine

Been awhile. How about 9P+K -> 6P+K -> 9K? Sorry.

20. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

It's a Mid. And a good thing about this move it's that it simply avoid (most of ?) low moves in the very early frames (if not from the first one, I never tested).

Besides Brad only has two Ex-High, 6_K and Ducking PPPP