1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad movelist help for guaranteed hit situations

Discussion in 'Brad' started by VFnumbers, Apr 25, 2009.

1. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Anyone know of other moves used to punish other than pk, I just want to familiarize some of his options that r more damaging

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    -14 gets you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for a float.

I don't exactly know how he's suposed to punish sweeps/moves that recover low though with anything else besides elbow~screw kick - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif maybe?

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Not to familiar with Brad but...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif are guaranteed after you block some moves.

I do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif when I block big moves.

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

A short list would be:

- P,K 11f high
    - f+P,K 14f mid
    - f+P+K 14f high + combo
    - d+P+K,f+P 16f mid + combo on crouching (I'm not sure if it works on minor counter on standing too..)
    - f,f+K 17f mid + combo

I'm not a Brad player so I might have missed something.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  6. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    ...wait, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a natural combo? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Well that fixes my "how to punish sweeps better" problem, Myke to the rescue! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Only when it's "guaranteed" (i.e. recovery counter hit)

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

On crouching opponents on any hit. As far as I know you can't avoid the second hit if you get staggered by the first.

It has a stagger, right? It's not mentioned in the movelist either.

9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wow, the move just went from "probably useless" to "must use" in my books, thank you both /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    thanks alot guys for the feedback i always used brad casually and i just wanna get brad on par or better than my lei

11. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Just a few slight corrections

+11f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    +14f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for standing opponents, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for crouching opponents
    +16f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for crouching opponents only, needs to be in close range, otherwise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif works good too.
    +17f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for crouching as well as standing opponents
    +18f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for all
    +24f /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif if you want to be cute on these rare occassions

12. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
  13. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

The fastest time that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif will come out will be 17 frames when crouching? I didn't know that. I thought that a one frame expenditure was only in the case where you had to buffer a crouch dash.

As far as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is concerned, I don't think it's too good on minor counter unless it's against lightweights. I think that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a better punishment tool in these situations against heavier opponents.

Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after guarding Pai's Swallow Kicks or her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. The damage is quite nice.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fastest time that + will come out will be 17 frames when crouching?</div></div>
    No. A minor counter only applys when you have 1 extra frame of recovery. Eg -16 on standing d+P+K won't mc so it's not guaranteed and -17 it will hit on mc.

15. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

OK, but I thought that the move connected not because of a mC hit, but because the first hit staggered a crouching opponent. So mC doesn't apply here so still 16 frames?

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This is correct against crouching opponents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So mC doesn't apply here so still 16 frames?</div></div>
    Also correct against crouching opponents.

When Jeneric wrote +17f, he is not implying that the move takes 17 frames to come out. But rather, as Combolammas mentioned, for a recovery counter hit effect* you need an additional frame. So the +17f requirement only applies to cases against standing opponents (and obviously, it will also work against crouching opponents).

* recovery counter hit effect applies to moves that have different properties during recovery counter than a normal hit. It also applies to chain attacks, as is the case here with Brad. A classic example is Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - it starts with 13f exe, but for the entire series to be guaranteed Jacky needs 14f advanatage. At only 13f advantage, only the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed and the rest can be guarded, etc.

17. Libertine

Thanks Myke. I just read Jeneric's post again and I missed the part where he said that the Shovel Hook to Last Shot worked in a +16 frame situation against crouching opponents only. Oops!

18. Libertine

I can't hit Jacky after I crouch under his [1][P][K] and [P][+][K][K] with [6][P][+][K]. [​IMG]

Or rather, I've noticed it whiffs sometimes. I have no idea why though.

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I cant test those without a partner, but if this is online we are talking about you may be just slow. Also, try [6][6][K].

20. Libertine

Nope, not online. And the knee is harder to react with.