1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad tech

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Electro_Jacky, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    I can't seem to find a fully relevant thread to post this:

On 0:22 the Jacky gets clinched and gets thrown backwards. Jumping reduces the damage of [3][+][P][+][K],[P] by 5 points but as shown gives Brad options for even more damage.

If someone tries to reduce the damage of [3][+][P][+][K],[P] from a clinch, you get that somersault knock down animation on your opponent.

Chanchai likes this.
  2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Yep, posted this information awhile ago. However, it's easy to miss under the loads of information in these threads. I think that I had posted Ducking [K][+][G] [9][P][+][K] [4][P][K][6] Ducking [K][+][G] as a combo, but the one in the video should do more damage.

Instead of using [3][P][+][K][P], you can use [3][P][K] for one less point of damage. The opponent can't jump to lessen the damage of that. [3][P][P] is also guaranteed, and creates the side turned situation, giving Brad five frames of advantage, on an opponent holding [G]. If you can predict that the opponent will not hold [G] in order to avoid being side turned, you can use [6][K][+][G] to launch.

Also, the Brad player in that video is Itoshun.

Chanchai and Electro_Jacky like this.
  3. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex

Thanks man, I did try to look to make sure i wasn't double posting but there's quite a bit to go through

4. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I think we could use this as a general Brad tech thread, giving advanced, detailed information for specific situations.

Unfortunately the only tech I've discovered or can think of off the top of my head is some serious anti-Brad tech.This may depend on the Brad's opponent's walk speed, but with at least Lion and I think Brad, when you get back thrown by the clinch throw, if you hold 4 and walk backwards (forward facing) for a few frames and then hold G, you will avoid 3P and be able to block 3PP/K/P+K, and avoid 6K+G. 3P+KP will still hit for the same amount of damage. I think 6P+K will beat this choice, but I think there are option selects galore here and I need to do a lot more testing. Hopefully there should still be some strong answers to every action taken after CT4P+G.

Chanchai and Electro_Jacky like this.
  5. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex

nice i'll try it out

6. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    So P+K and 3PP isn't technically guaranteed if they to this trick of holding back for a little bit and pressing G?

7. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I think that you're referring to [3][P][+][K]. It's guaranteed on everyone except for Aoi, but all characters can jump away to lessen the damage. This is actually a good thing, as you can set up a trap for much more damage. [3][P][+][K][P] is guaranteed against most characters, but Shun can avoid this with one of his moves. I don't know what the command is, though.

And yes, [3][P][P] is not guaranteed on anybody.

8. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    It's nice to know 3[P][+][K][P] is guaranteed for the most part, but I was actually talking about [P][+][K]. The fast to jabs the Brad does with one input, I always used that because it hit them and I got to go into another stance after words for mix-up. Is it preferred that I just do 3[P][+][K][P] after the grab for damage?

9. Libertine

Yes, I'd definitely prefer that. If next to a wall, [K][2] or [8] (Slipping) [P][+][K] can lead to a wall combo. Very strict distance, though. If you don't think that the opponent will crouch, then use [4][P] instead. At a wall, it should have enough distance to reach. If the opponent crouches, then you can get [4][K], which wouldn't otherwise connect. Both [4][P] and [4][K] can lead to a wall combo, though only [K] is guaranteed.

As for [P][+][K], I've never experimented with it.

10. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

Excepted on Taka AFAIK.
    He can't crouchdash under it and his 4P+K+G doesn't endure the second P.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Brad stuff for you bradders

For neutral throw, doing [2][K][+][G] beats immediate rising attacks.
    For [4][P][+][G], I use a quick crouch dash before doing [2][K][+][G] to beat the rising attacks.

After [2][K][+][G] CH knockdown, Brad can go for a meaty DCK [P][+][K]. From point blank, if [2][K][+][G] knocks down on its 19th frame, the opponent can exact tech out of it.

However, from the throw setups shown, the [2][K][+][G] hits late, so even if the opponent exact techs they still will have to deal with the meaty DCK [P][+][K].

pana, Libertine, R_Panda and 2 others like this.
  12. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Did you set the dummy to recover with all the speed possibile?

13. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I'd like to point out that setups like these only work on the CPU or people who can get up at the fastest possible speed and do a rising attack, especially since the rising up speed option does not work in Dojo, anything slower and you'll have to delay the rising attack crush move the approriate time but this is impossible to practice in dojo due to the bug. Character rising attacks also have different speeds so what works on Lei-Fei might not work on Shun for example.

14. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    If you mean the speed of the rising kick, there's a glitch in training mode, so regardless of how the dummy is set to recover, he'll recover at the same speed. (notice i mentioned immediate rising attacks in my OP)

Also if you're referring to the techroll, the ducking p+k can be delayed so theoretically it can always be meaty.

Jay David likes this.
  15. Libertine

From what I've tested, Ducking P+K is a meaty when you end combos with 9K. End them with 3PK, and OM -> 4K is a meaty. I set the CPU to get up with the fastest timing. If there's some sort of Dojo glitch that renders these ineffective, let me know.

Jay David and R_Panda like this.
  16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Nothing wrong with teching options in dojo, except that you can't set them to late tech. The rising speed glitch only applies to hard knockdowns (like throws). No matter what you choose for it the CPU gets up at the same speed everytime.

Libertine, Jay David and R_Panda like this.