1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brads Keep Out Game is Outstanding.

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Shinn_Akira, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Shinn_Akira

Shinn_Akira Well-Known Member

I have been experementing with brads various tools and have been exploiting his keep out game. He has so many tools to lock down an opponent from advancing to you that are safe on block. most notabally his (hold) f+k. this move is special high that has amazing reach and is quite fast. this coupled with his 4k and 4k into stance is quite viable to control the flow of the match. you can use this with the hospital throw technique to really confuse your opponent and make them hesitate and be vary cautious approaching you. I must say it is vary abusable when used right. down right nasty!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

2. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Brad only needs one keep out move: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

People who think backwalking, 3King Vanessas are bitches to deal with will probably break down and cry when trying to deal with this move.

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I specially like 6P+K and 3P+K as "keep out" moves. With the latter you can hit check for the canned P followup. Both great for punishing whiffs too.

4. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Yo, don't forget about about 4P+K (into stance or otherwise). That move can help turn the most aggressive player into a turtle.

5. Shinn_Akira

I totally forgot about 214k. haha. nice /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

6. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

I just wanna chime in about how strong 6K is. Half-circular and special high, this move more often than not seems to connect for MC. I learned first-hand from Shinn_Akira just how good it can be both as a counterattack option and occasionally as a pressure tool, especially when mixed up with 4K.

My only problem with getting 6K out is knowing when and how to buffer the 6 so that I'm not walking into my opponent all day.

7. McMystery

McMystery Active Member

If you do 236K it'll come out as [6]K. No walking required.

8. Shinn_Akira

interesting i diddn't know that

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

You can also Hold 6 while holding G and then releasing G and hitting K at the same time to get the 6_K to come out. Much like how jacky players get the 6_K~G to come out without constantly walking toward their opponent. Hard as balls to do tho ><

10. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I'm not sure how many people know this:

If you move the stick from [2] to [6] without returning to neutral, you can get the QCF input. There's no need to hit the diagonal.

Brad's [​IMG][4][K] and [6_][K] are definitely his best keep out tools. The latter was improved in VF5R as it gives pushback on guard in that game. You might have some success with [3][P][+][K] for keep out as well.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If you're bypassing neutral, then how do you not pass through the diagonal [3] when going from [2] to [6]? [​IMG]

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Maybe he plays on a keyboard?

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Took the words right out of my mouth [​IMG]

14. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

[2] [1] [4] [7] [8] [9] [6]

[​IMG]

15. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

16. Sclera

Sclera Member

lol'd

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I move the stick from [2] and follow a diagonal line to [6]. In other words, I'm moving the stick between [5] and [3] en route. When I said not to hit the diagonal, I meant that you weren't bringing the stick to the gate.

What's with you and misunderstanding me lately Myke? First with the wall throws and now the stick movement! [​IMG]

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    When the word "hit" is used in the context of command input, I didn't think it was unreasonable to assume that its synonymous with "engage". [​IMG]

OK, I can see that what you're really doing is providing a kind of imaginary/visual guide for how the joystick should travel. But in reality, as the joystick travels via this route it will have to pass through (i.e. hit, engage, trigger) the diagonal in order for the high kick command [6_][K] to be successful. If it doesn't (hit the diagonal), then the result is a knee [6][K].

19. Libertine

Understood. I'm relatively new to stick terminology, as I've used a pad for most of the time I've been playing VF. For now on, I guess I should just say that you don't have to "follow along the gate."

I've seen 270 inputs written in the following notation: [2][4][8][6]. It isn't written as if you hit the diagonals, so I thought that my assumption was safe.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    In theory you dont need to hit the diagonals. It just happens in practise when you rotate the stick. There are no diagonal switches in a joystick anyway, so hitting a diagonal [3] is actually equal to hitting [2] and [6] at the same time for example.