1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad's options after blocking standing P?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Blahzie, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

So what do my fellow Bradists do when you block standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif? I've been trying abare which as you know doesn't work. Do you try to fuzzy @ -2? Low /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif? ETEG? Back crouch dash?

And then what do you do to follow up your response?
    I need a little input from the experts... thanks in advance.

2. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

You need to just stand there and hold block so I can throw you. Stop asking all these silly questions.

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    P on normal is -5 for you, which means u can fuzzy. P on MC is -8, so that puts both players in nitaku. in this case, you have to guess whether your opponent will throw or attack. so your 2 choices would be: interrupt the throw by attacking, or block the follow up mid.

if you need visual re-enforcement, watch my vids in the dojo section. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

4. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

LMAO, bro, I'm tired of eating /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif! That shit hurts.

So fuzzy @ attack, huh? I need to rewatch those videos. Good look, Frash.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think the question was "what to do when you guard the opponent's standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif."

The simple answer, for all characters (not just Brad) is: fuzzy guard

Then what you do next depends on what the opponent did with their +2 advantage:

1. If they tried a mid which your fuzzy guard should have successfully blocked, then you now have advantage and a chance to attack, or

2. If they tried a throw which your fuzzy guard should have successfully ducked, then you now have a guaranteed counter attack/throw opportunity (provided you're fast enough).

These are just fuzzy guarding basics that apply to any character.

Flash was answering the question "what to do when you are hit or CH by the opponent's standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif." His answers are correct, they're just answers to a different question.

6. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Doing a standing P back is also a good option that will beat the standard elbow/throw options in this case, forcing the opponent play differently. If you score an MC P doing this, you have a nitaku, somewhat a more aggressive option.

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Myke's response to your first post is the most efficient, specially if you DONT want to be abare BUT it is good to switch up your response to same situations bc, as we all know, once your opponent knows how you're going to react to anything he throws out there, things can get real ugly for you.

That said, here's some "Brad exclusive evasive abare" options to throw out there every once in a while (disclaimer:do not develop a pattern with any of these or you will get fucked... proper fucked):

Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after Swaying Back, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is your fastest option and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will take you back a step further. From both of these options you can go into Sway L/R or Ducking for even more Brad evasiveness.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif It's good move to throw out there during these kind of close encounters. It wont beat out another standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but it will beat out a lot of mids. (if only it was special high *sigh*)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif will def go under another standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and I've gone under certain mids with it too. Again, not the wisest choice, just evasive and random. Real easy to hit check for the canned followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or just combo from it alone.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Yes, all of these are dangerous abare options but they ARE evasive and they work well when randomly thrown out there.
    If you fuzzy every single time after a blocked /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, a character with a low-throw can hurt you (also if you Sway L/R or Duck) or just get you with a delayed throw or attack. Fuzzying is the best option but dont forget to mix it up.