1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bradygames VF5 Official Guide

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by DrDeelite, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DrDeelite

DrDeelite Member

-

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>edit: I'm not sure why Dr. Deelite deleted his original post, but I'm reinstating the subject -- Myke</span>

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I assume this is Dr. Dogg right? Or a different person?

Thanks for the telling us the work put into the guide. I'm sure most people will prefer the Black Book for the sake of frame data/DVD features, but it is a great sign to see US publishers and strategy writers work hard to make a good guide. I'm sure player unable to get teh Black Book will appreciate it.

3. DrDeelite

DrDeelite Member

Re: Bradygames VF5 Official Guide *DELETED*

Post deleted by DrDeelite

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Might be worth picking up for some since there's no longer the tutorial mode and most can't read the Black Book.

5. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

I'll buy the guide, mostly due to you took the time to post this. Nice job.

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Dr. D and Kamui both worked really hard on the guide, and like what he already said, they fought hard to give you guys what you wanted. We couldn't get everything, but did the best with what we had. I am personally very impressed with Dr. D and Kamui's efforts, so I hope everyone check out the guide once it's out.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hm so it will be out by the 20th then if it's shipping on the 13th?

8. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    We just ordered the guide off amazon. Thanks for all your hard work Omelette, Srider, and Kamui. 208 pages is really impressive.

9. vf5jason

vf5jason Well-Known Member

I'll definitely buy the guide next week and read it to hold me over until the games release

10. DrDeelite

DrDeelite Member

11. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

The lack of frame data isn't too bad considering practice mode comes with a frame data table, or so I heard.

I'll definetly be picking this up with the game when it releases.

12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Oh nice, I'll be snagging a copy then as well. Thanks for the heads up.

13. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Where can I order it, how much is it, and do they ship it to Europe?

And guys.... 208 pages? Lot's of great work. Know that it is appreciated ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thank You /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

any socal guys want to group order with me for free shipping on amazon?

other than that it smells of commision in here.

15. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

One question. If we are waiting for the 360 version of VF5, will the guide be fully applicable to that as well, or will there be a 360 version of the guide?

I hope that it has plenty of screenshots and nice artwork. Presentation with a lot of effort is a big plus for me (since guides eventually become useless after a long time, so having nice shots to look at is an incentive to buy something and keep).

That's too bad about the frame data tho. Is getting an English in-depth guide with frame data always a problem? The DoA4 master file would have been nice in English, and with more info.

16. Pai_Garu

LOL, I don't get anything out of it. Ask Dr. D or Kamui if they get anything.

The guide will be applicable to the 360 version as long as it's not a newer version of VF5. I don't think there will be another English guide for the 360 version... but if people do support it and it sells well, it opens up the possibility that we can do a more advanced guide for the 360 release window. I'd like to do it, and I think Dr. D and Kamui would as well.

17. gregor_thewolf

gregor_thewolf Well-Known Member

Sold! ^_^ I'll need that book.

18. Pai_Garu

Also, frames will be available through VFDC as well, if you haven't already seen the stuff that's up already through the efforts of Myke and many others.

19. DrDeelite

DrDeelite Member

20. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

Thank God, Thank God finally what sounds like a very comprehensive English based VF Strategy Guide. I Asked the powers that be some time ago if the VF (I think I was asking about the Green Book) guides from Japan would ever be translated for a US release and I was told not likely because the following is not rabid here like it is in Japan and maybe other places. Having said that I hope everyone that plays VF or at least all of the VFDC members pick up this guide just on gp with the hope that each one will get better and better.

Oh yeah, thanks for the post, it gives me heads up to really look for this one once it comes out. So many of the guides from sports games to rpg are straight CRAP, except for the huge games like HALO, WoW, etc... and the guides that PiggyBack publish.