1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Rising Attacks

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by SilentKnight, Apr 1, 2002.

1. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

I'm doing the exercise for 'breaking rising attacks' and i can't get it to work no matter how hard i try. when sarah rolls and does the rising attack, my f+K just won't hit her. it misses her 100% of the time. the training thing says to use f+K, but is there a different move i can use that would work better? if there isn't, could someone tell me when to input f+K to break the rising attack? it's giving me a frickin headache!!

2. Typhoon

Typhoon Well-Known Member

Which character are you using?

The timing for breaking rises is pretty precise depending on character and the move you chose to break. It also doesnt help that Sarah will roll, rise high, rise low, and sometimes delay rises.
    I noticed that in trial the moves they recommend for completing objectives is sometimes just plain ineffecitve.
    For example... they suggest breaking rises with Vanessa using the ff+k from defensive. While a great breaker, her bf+kk from MT can clobber almost anyone foolish enough to get up any which way and try to crank you.

My best suggestion to help you is that regardless of your character choice, you MUST dash back once or twice to give youself enough room to both force a whiff on rise and step in with the attack to counter. This isn't easy when Sarah refuses to attack on rise if you aren't within reach when she goes down. So dash in, dash back and execute.

Id also suggest doing the hitting as they rise (without attack) trial a few times to get the proper feel for the timing your attack requires. Use the same attack youre going to use for the rising attack counter trial. This helped me immensely with Lions rising attack counter.

3. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Here's a discussion that was done some time back. Maybe it'll be of help.

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=29519&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=29519&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1</a>

4. SilentKnight

Thanks guys.
    (I'm using Jacky)

5. SilentKnight

oh wait, i just remembered something. can i use that "interesting jacky combo" where i jump over the downed oponent and use p+k? there were some movies posted on it about a week ago.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The anti-rising-attack exercise is teaching you how to interrupt rising attacks, which takes very good timing.

The trick would not work here because the trick hits the opponent after their rising attack misses (if I remember it correctly)

But an easy trick you CAN use: use a P+G throw to get sarah on her belly, then when she does a rising attack it will always be the ugly two-legged thrust thing (she can't do a low rising attack from this position).

You can then easily time a f+K to beat this move, since it just sucks so hard. Press f+K on reaction when you see sarah's legs just starting to move.

7. SilentKnight

k, i'll go try that. thanks!

edit: wee, it worked. she didn't do the thrust kick all the time coz she still rolled, but she did it about 80% of the time. thanks!