1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brnaching Off?

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by SilentKnight, Apr 2, 2002.

1. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

Since I'm new to Virtua Fighter. I picked someone that seemed pretty easy to learn and a character that the game labeled as "Beginner." Well, after much time with Jacky, I've learned the basics of the game and found that Jacky lacks in the technical department of the game. He's too much of a button masher for me and I was wondering if I should pick a new character now that I have a feel for the controls OR to keep playing with Jacky and try to master him and see if he gets more interesting/tactical. Suggestions?

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If you button mash with Jacky, I don't see how you would be playing differently with any other character.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

""Well, after much time with Jacky, I've learned the basics of the game and found that Jacky lacks in the technical department of the game""

Wrong...he's always been labeled as 'easy...good combos..easy combos' character...but to play him at high level n win requires a huge amount of technical skills. (As is the same with every other character in the game)

""He's too much of a button masher for me"""

That's because u're still in a 'button masher' mentality. That's the last way Jacky should be played.

""try to master him and see if he gets more interesting/tactical""

Well, unless u rid urself of being a button masher...u're not gonna be able to jump into the tactical aspects of the game...n that applies for every other character u might choose.

4. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member