1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Buffering during MC = a pain

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Zato, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Zato

Zato Member

Sometimes I try to do a move (like the dodge P+K+G sidestep move or SPoD) and get hit during part of the motion. I instinctively hold guard (which is the correct response most of the time). Then, without my consent, the rest of the move comes out (I finished the remaining portion during the hit stun). This really gets on my nerves, especially when I take even more damage on the subsequent [MC] hits because it attacked instead of blocking.

Is it my style of play (too much attacking without the advantage) or is it a flaw in the game engine? Or is it a flaw in the PS2 version? Does anyone else experience this "Street Fighter I" syndrome?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It's not a problem with the PS2 version. If I understand what you're describing, it happens in the arcade too.

It works the other way too. If you block the first part of some combos, you can let go of G, and you'll block the entire string of attacks. Jacky's df+PPP is one that I do this against all the time when I'm fighting the CPU.