1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bufferring Moves

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LittleWild, Oct 8, 2001.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Hi, just wondering about what the term "bufferring" means.
    Some posts state that some complicated moves can be buffered before executing, (eg. Aoi's "d,f,u,b P+G" throw) and I am just wondering how you could do that coz I can never seem to execute it. Btw, it is not turning the joy stick one whole round when it says "d,f,u,b" right?

Note to Singapore players, where do you guys play?!

Thanks in advance.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well, if you go looking through any FAQ for most fighting games (gamefaqs.com) you'll find buffering definitions.

Essentially, it means that you can enter the commands for a move while you're character is executing another move, be it an attack, a throw, movement.

When it comes to doing attacks or a throw, you can enter all the motions, except the last motion, while holding guard and when you release guard, the attack will come out, etc. For example, Akira's bodycheck: b,f,f+P+K. You can enter b,f while holding G, and then release G as you input the final f+P+K.

When it comes to movement, dashes can be fully entered while holding guard so that when guard is released, the dash comes out. ie: Hold guard, input df,DF, release guard and your character will crouch dash forward.

Do you get what I mean? Buffering is a sort of reserve or pending list of commands that you've fed the computer during the execution or animation of another command. It's a spool. Not quite sure how else to explain it. It's present in many games, not just VF, and it can help a great deal in gameplay performance as it lets you take advantage of input opportunity.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Arrr....I see. In other words you are basically entering all the move motions except the last move motion while executing another move? Thanks :)

I did come acrose the buffering part in GLC's excellent faq. It's just that I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

4. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

I play at Bedok Funland now, only been there twice. Dont think I'll be playing much of it though, still like VF3 better.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

If someone would like to write the buffering part for the FAQ (that is, make the existing one simpler), please do so. If it's good, I'll be glad to exchange it with what I wrote.

<font color=orange>You now speak to GLC.</font color=orange>

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

mmm... I think buffering just mean executing another move while you are doing something else.

Anyway regarding the Aoi's throw, I think there are two ways of doing it right? At least Sarah's and Wolf's throw can ber done two way. The EASIEST way I think is just go up, then do a HCF. basically it is just Wolf's giant swing starting from U position. not very difficult if you are used to semicircle throws.

I play at AMK funland.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I think buffering just mean executing another move while you are doing something else.

It's not precise enough IMHO... to make things short, buffering is entering motions of a move while doing something else.

<font color=orange>You now speak to GLC.</font color=orange>