1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug in the Cave Stage? Anyone else find this?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chan415, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

I thought that the cave stage was a High Unbreakable fence, which means no ring out

But I accidently threw my friend out with Kage with his B-P+G throw.
    I was cornered and i hit that throw and messed up the timing on the follow up and he just went out and i won that round by ring out...weridness...

Anyone else have this happen? I guess the bug testers didn't do their job..

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It's not a bug. Kage can get RO with his b+P+G throw over high walls, even in the arcade version.

3. etrok

etrok Member

in the stage with the fence and u fight in the water, i am using vanessa and did a throw against the computer up against the fence and then started punchin and the computer opponent went over the top of the fence....blew me away

4. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

oh, this never happend...:)

5. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Ya, i was in kumite fighting against the computers Kage, on water map

Match was really close, he b+p+g then u+p+g, lended outside, damn :meh: freaked me out at first!

6. Jalaad

Jalaad Member

The Palace stage (the "water stage", as you guys put it) is prone to the accidental ring-out every once in a while. BE CAREFUL! I was playing as Sarah and accidentally did a kickflip moonsault (uf+K, P) just a little too close to the edge. The kick hit, but I somersaulted clear over the fence and lost the whole match on a ring out. PISSED me off, too, since it was a ranking match and I ended up having to fight my way up to 5th dan all over again...

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I did that and got knocked down to Shoudan. I think I did a dodge-attack w/ Aoi or soemthing. That was at the arcade too -- much harder to go up in levels.

8. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

The funny thing about G-cancelling for Sarah's FSD is that it has to be done late in the FSD else, doing the G-cancel immediately after u+K and tapping P for a punch results in a MS.

9. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Re: Something similar

This is not about the over-the-wall kind of Ring-out, but it's kinda on the same lines...

If you remember, back in VF3, if you do a DLC juggle on an opponent next to the stage's edge, it would result in Akira getting ringed-out first, rather than the floating opponent. ( I think it's specifically the second part of the DLC that let's Akira 'steps' out of the ring)

I used to think that this is not the case anymore with VF4, but it actually happened to me once, and only once. Other times I have been successful in ringing-out my opponents with a DLC. Anyone knows how this works??

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Something similar

The rules for RO are the same and still hold in VF4, and that is whoever steps or falls out of the ring first will lose. I still see this happening from time to time, especially when someone gets carried away with a float combo that travels over the ring edge.

In regard to the other times you have RO'd someone with a DLC, I can only speculate that the opponent was low enough to be considered out of the ring before Akira had a chance to step out. The DLC in VF4 can float much lower than it could in 3 as well.

11. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

I got RO by Lau palm lifting pai over the fence in the Water map.