1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bugis & Parklane arcades

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pinkgirl, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

1) FYI, the Bugis Virtualand arcade machines are both spoilt. Went down this evening and the mechanic was fixing the "better" machine (the one with the "better" joystick). The other machine's joystick and buttons are cranky, & the 2nd player side is spoilt.

2) Don't bother going to the Parklane arcade (Super Funworld). Just checked it out (after going to Bugis and finding the machines there spoilt) - there's only one machine there (a versus city) and the 2nd player side's joystick has a faulty diagonal direction, and the 1st player side has faulty P and K buttons (they don't register 100% of the time - enough to get u killed easily). The G button also "sinks" in a little, so it's hard to press.

2. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Went to AMK on Sunday. Both sides is working perfectly fine. still at 2 credits though. But the new KOF machine beside is attracting a LOT of crowd which is very irritating

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

2001?

4. Pinkgirl

hmm, so they decided to take 2001 after all? Wow. I hardly played 2000 - it sucked.

5. Pinkgirl

At 2 credits and only 2 rounds per match, that really sux... but is there a good crowd of challengers @ AMK? It's a little too far for me to consider tho...can't drive remember? ;-)

6. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea the amk machine is good.but at 2 credits its abit expensive though.anyway i just joined this forum.hi eveeryone.i play at amk.but hope i can make my way down to bugis to check it out someday =P

7. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

The tech was there on Sun afternoon. She was repairing the joystick and button controls. She tried her hand at the game to see if it worked well. Didn't know that you can't jump in VF4 and it will come out only as a hop attack move. I was pointing that to her when she keeps thinking there is something wrong with the up motion /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

After a while of playing, she gave up and handed over to a VF grognard (me!) and I got a couple of free games. Hehe...tell me when the machine is faulty. I'll rush down there and perch somewhere like a vulture /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

8. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Erm, so does this mean the Bugis machines are fixed?
    At 2 credits and 2 rounds. AMK machine kinda sux.

Tell you what, all bring money and go AMK this Sat. Let's have an impromtu tournament at Funland! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    The VF4 machine is usually free until evening, so we can hog the machine.
    Any one interested? Then again, I will probably get my ass handed to me.

9. jt1akira

jt1akira Well-Known Member

K anyone tell me whether the arcade at Parklane uses 50cents coins or tokens??how much does it cost??thanks...

10. Pinkgirl

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

K anyone tell me whether the arcade at Parklane uses 50cents coins or tokens??how much does it cost??thanks...

<hr></blockquote> Hi Jamestan...are u alantan's brother? lol! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif kidding... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

IMO, Parklane kinda sux. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif #1: The Super Funworld there (the only arcade in Parklane which has VF4) is like a ghosttown - hardly anyone there. Even if there are people the VF4 machine is only used by button mashers or else not used at all. ...#2: The last time Andrew & I went down (just last week) the joystick on the 1st player side was a little cranky, and the joystick on the 2nd player side is so loose I think u can pull it out. The guard button on the 2nd player side is also sucky - it's dented! /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

But anyway, just to answer ur questions: Super FunWorld uses cards. The minimum amount you must commit is $2. You must pay a $1 deposit for the card, which you can get back after you return the card. So that means you must pay $3 for a card ($2 worth of credits; $1 for deposit). A game of VF4 is 1 credit (50 cents).

11. Pinkgirl

Watch out for the sucky techie

Btw, just thought I'd add another post under this thread since it's relevant - the Bugis machine's joystick is still cranky (machine most to the left; 1st player side). Don't ever get the fat mechanic (the one who looks like he's about to eat you up - fierce face, fiery temper, f***ed up demeanour) to repair any machine there. And better still, don't ever ask him to return you your credit. He's got a major AP. Better be careful how many 50 cents u put in - he won't return u any. Or else he'll make sure you get a taste of his temper tantrums before he returns you ur credit. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I don't know how he manages to keep his job (think: showing his sucky attitude to customers + not knowing how to repair the machines), but just remember that there are other mechanics @ Bugis. Just ask the "auntie/uncle" @ the counter (both are just as nice) for a mechanic, and say you "don't want the fierce one". lol They'll know. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif The short guy mechanic in particular knows his stuff (can repair quite well, but he isn't always there), so it's best to get him. Fatso-boy can't repair for nuts (he tried six times on Saturday when we went down & still the joystick remained spoiled), but more importantly I think he doesn't give a damn. (Just ask the players who were brave enough to try out the machine again after he "repaired" it on Saturday.) Not surprising, given how he simply opened up the board, pretended to tinker a little here n there, then slammed it shut again, glaring @ whoever was around for giving him more work to do (he doesn't like being roused from his slumber).