1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

BURGER KING - Virtua Fighter Championships 30th June

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by dynamic-league, May 27, 2002.

1. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

NEXT CONSOLE TOURNAMENT AT BURGER KING PICCADILLY CIRCUS, LONDON
    SUNDAY 30th JUNE from 3pm to 10pm
    European Multi-Format and Multi-Game Championships

FREE FOOD, FREE DRINK, FREE ENTRY

More details:

http://www.dynamic-league.com

2. dynamic-league

We will be able to afford to offer FREE HOTEL ACCOMODATION for our international guests for the July and August Dynamic League tournament club meets if this event proves to be very popular and Burger King like us.

There is a reasonably priced hotel just around the corner from Burger King Piccadilly Circus. Hopefully we would be able to afford to pay for at least 2 nights for each international guest in that hotel.

Sorry, this offer will only be open to "famous" international players or VIP's as recognised by the international video game tournament community.
    We are on an extremely tight budget.

3. dynamic-league

Re: BURGER KING - UK Virtua Fighter Championships 30th June

What will you use?
    Joystick or Joypad?
    Which brand?

4. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

Re: BURGER KING - UK Virtua Fighter Championships 30th June

respec'
    who wants to get beat by a kid:)

5. RandomHajile

damn with free food im sure the yanks will wanna come!

6. dynamic-league

Rewards, privileges and prizes are given according to your rank.

RANKING

The ranks are listed 1-10 on the Dynamic League website results page.

The ranks are based on your performance in challenges.

Your performance is decided by 2 main factors.
    1. How many challenges you have won.
    2. The performance level of the person who you beat when you beat them.

The performance level basically means to beat a challenger who has a string of victories is more important and valuable than to beat a challenger who has never won a challenge.

So to illustrate, you can imagine every victory you gain is like putting money in a sack. If you are defeated the winner is credited with the value of the money you had in your sack. You still keep most of the money you had in your sack but you get taxed for losing and the winner just gets richer.

If you look at the match details of the top players you can see clearly why they are the top players and how they got there.

Choose a game and click on the result details. You will see every match and all your Dynamic League system questions will be answered.

PRIZES

We pay Dynamic League cash prizes according to rank.

We are now beginning to attract interest from large companies who are now deciding how much they want to get involved. Some companies will be sponsoring events to promote the release of certain games. When that happens winners get additional prizes from the sponsoring company on top of their Dynamic League cash prize.
    Sponsors will decide who they want to reward and what they want to give.

GET YOUR OWN SPONSOR

If you like you can get your own sponsor. You can show a sponsor your Dynamic League rank and sell them the privilege to have their company info associated with your name in the Dynamic League result tables. If you stay on top so do they, if you drop down so do they.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

you have got to be kidding, right? On what basis are you going to determin if someone is worthy of this holy of holy challenges?

8. dynamic-league

It is simple. Just look at the VF result tables on the Dynamic-League.Com website and you can see how the ranking is worked out. All the best players in the UK are rated there.

9. dynamic-league

Anybody want to play VF2 as well?
    There is one guy very keen to play VF2 but we don't know if it will be popular enough to include in the Dynamic League.

10. RandomHajile

id love to bring out my vf2 kage:) i know my bro an my friend would like to play it 2:)

11. dynamic-league

We have an arcade machine expert joining the team.
    Hopefully soon we will be able to have VF1, VF2, VF3 and VF4 Dynamic League all running at the same time.

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

ONE QUESTION!! are we gonna be forced to play the VF games with a pad? or are there joysticks avalible?

13. dynamic-league

Hey !

You should know by now you can bring your own joypads or joysticks.
    Actually, a new fashion trend has started. People now are bringing the most exclusive, flash, expensive or rare joypads and joysticks they can find to show off. In contrast you can bring the oldest and worst joystick or joypad you can find and beat everyone :)

[2_][1_][4_][P][P], [6_][6_][K][K] That's my favourite

14. dynamic-league

TIPS FOR NEW DYNAMIC LEAGUE FIGHTERS.

1. Try to have a large range attacks and mix up your patterns (and characters if possible) as best you can. Because it is a winner stay on format people have time to study your fighting method. Sooner or later the experts will work out your habits.

2. Do stamina training. Some players flake out from exhaustion. It's not easy doing 13 rounds in a Dynamic League contest.

3. Practice a new technique for the tournament. It will shock people enough to keep them off balance for a good time. Even if they work out your new combo they will not have time to learn to counter or immitate your new technique.

15. RandomHajile

hell id lov to play vf1 as well as 2, lau ruled then:)
    i hav loads stuff 2 try on vf3 an vf4 next time:)
    hell i still cant do 2 dlc after trip,f,f+k like i used to back in the day:)
    but im sure it fill coem back 2 me:)

16. dynamic-league

It is great to see how some of the top players are developing their use of the characters. The way they use the characters has evolved and is now more expressive of the individual fighting styles of the characters.

Next weeks Dynamic League promises to have the best display of VF4 skills ever seen in the western world.

17. dynamic-league

I think we may get a shortage of PS2's.
    If anybody would like to bring theirs we would be greatful.

The more consoles we have the more choice.

Thanks.

18. dynamic-league

Top Japanese and French Fighters

Ryan called me today. He says 1 top Japanese player who is a master of Tekken and Virtua Figher and 2 French Masters will be coming to the Tournament Club this Sunday.

19. dynamic-league

PS2 MEMORY CARDS

Don't forget to bring your PS2 memory card.

Make sure your character looks its best for this International event.

20. SHwoKing

SHwoKing Well-Known Member

Re: PS2 MEMORY CARDS

Hi Derrick ,
    I m maybe one of the "french master" (lol) you re talking about ( if you see the tapes of ryan, i m the akira player who s been called" Wavedashing akira" by ryan lol).

I didn t planned to come to uk for the tourney this sunday but maybe in july or august, cause i cannot come this week end.

Btw, will i have free hotel near burger king?
    Or do i have to ask for someone to sleep?