1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bush set for another Term as Prez, WTH?

Discussion in 'General' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 5, 2004.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I was watching the 2004 debate of the democratic candidates last night and boy are we fucked for another 4 years. Who are these freaking morons?

Particularly Liberman this guy graduated from Yale Law School and sounds like a complete idiot. Especially every time he tries act Howard Dean man his credibility just goes out the window. Man where’s Hilary Clinton when you needed her, LOL. But she too fucking to come in now.

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Edited, and still hard to understand.

I'm with you though. In a case like this, you can only do one thing -- which is what I did. Get a globe, spin it, wherever your finger lands - move there.

3. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Seriously, after all this bullshit I'm seriously thinking about living in Japan. I mean, not to say that Japan doesn't have it's share of problems, but I just am awed at the stupidity, racisim, and corruption of our government. The worst part is that most of us go on like 'it's all ok'. I'd like to hope that most of the american public knows that Bush is involved in the Enron scandal... or that people know the irony of Haliburton 'overcharging' the goverment.

eehhh... I just can't stand it sometimes...

4. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KTallguy said:

...I just am awed at the stupidity, racisim, and corruption of our government...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, go to Philippines... you'll have a jaw-dropping experience /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

and yeah, i'd rather live in japan. i hate your country... no offence /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. i LOVE shopping there though. some really cheap stuff *thumbs up*.

5. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Who I would rather see in the White House than Bush:

Vlad the Impaler

Genghis Khan

A monkey. Any monkey.

Any Democrat (Even Lieberman, who wants to take my Nintendo away!)

The fact that Bush's approval rating is above 5% blows my mind. Thank our corporate media for that. Americans are going to wake up and realize the shit we're in before election day (Let's hope).

6. Jacky_San

Jacky_San Well-Known Member

Not as long as we can vote against him, will Bush have a chance.

Anyway hate Bush you might enjoy Whitehouse.org !

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

your being a complete and total shameless japan-o-phile didn't give your finger some more than helpful guidance, did it? or were you just joking?

i actually have a globe and did this a bunch of times, just out of curiosity, and also to see just how completely and utterly FUCKED one could potentially be if one was so fucking stupid to actually do this. the globe was an ancient thing from the fifties and many of the imperial names of the countries have changed, so i had to look up a few.

out of 15 spins i landed on (or in the case of landing in the ocean, nearest to) libya, colombia, iran, canada (ottawa), bermuda, bechuanaland (aka botswana), sierra leone, england, saudi arabia, russia (siberia, near khatanga), somalia, korea (north), australia (western, in the great victoria desert), canada (british columbia), and north dakota.

only four of those 15 i'd even think about...erhhhheehehhhhehhehehehhhhheeeee

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr. Bungle said:
    korea (north)

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALMOST

try again insert coin plz

9. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

Basicly America has a one party system. I wouldnt worry so much about who was voted in. You not going to get anything but a right wing corprate lacky as a president utill there is a revolution. Or a third part needs to grow or something.

10. Liquid_MAX

Liquid_MAX Well-Known Member

Watching US news channels like CNN, CNBC, Fox, etc it's really quite disturbing to see how real life situations are mutilated, twisted, deliberately mis-interpreted and then presented like a movie cut-scene and fed to the people with clear cut 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.

Here's something funny...Kurt Angle telling Eddie Guerrero (or however the hell you spell his name) about "American family values", The Rock overtly dissing France and their decision to stay out of a war that produced nothing but death, and let's not even mention Mr. America while the war was on.

So propaganda will stoop to any level.

11. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

I'm really gonna start watching BBC for news from now on. They're on PBS at night with no commercials, and they really go into detail on their stories, I'd wager each story is around 8-10 minutes long.

They also don't include crap stories about stuff that really has no importance. You see that on Local news and even National News all the damn time.

12. Liquid_MAX

Yeah, while I agree that the BBC is probably the best news to watch, I still can't stress enough the importance of realising that we are in a chrysalis, in a cage, and we're being fed very carefully selected information. In some ways, the more 'sincere' and 'conservative' information sources like broadsheets and the BBC can be more dangerous because we believe what is being said without question. It's a tricky situation.

In order to be free...truly free...you cannot change your cage. You have to change yourself.

- Someone whose name I won't say...

13. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

Why would anyone move to Japan? It's too weird there. Everything is TOO orderly, everyone acts like robots. It's uncostomary to speak in public...growing up in America, that would just be way too weird for me.

14. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Why would anyone move to Japan? It's too weird there. Everything is TOO orderly, everyone acts like robots. It's uncostomary to speak in public...growing up in America, that would just be way too weird for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you try going there before you open your mouth and make baseless assumptions, dipshit?

...I can't believe I interrupted Sonic Heroes to actually respond to this drivel...

15. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

btw ramrod, i thought we already had a monkey for a president. a retarded monkey. when i see Shrub i always think of a kilgore trout short story in kurt vonnegut's "breakfast of champions" - you can read it HERE. look for "hail to the chief".

THIS is one of my favorite protest posters. It's old, and some have probably have seen it, but I still love it...

[​IMG]

16. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you try going there before you open your mouth and make baseless assumptions, dipshit?

...I can't believe I interrupted Sonic Heroes to actually respond to this drivel...

[/ QUOTE ]

guess what...I went to Tokyo last year

OH FUCKING SHIT YOU GOT PWNED LIKE A BEEITCH! [​IMG]

Seriously, I went there, it was fun, but theres no way in hell I'd ever move there.

I don't like fanboys who act like Japan is Utopia because that's where Anime, videogames, and bukakke films come from.

17. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Guess what? I LIVED there for a year, asshole. And I speak the language.

Obviously, if you had been doing something there besides trying to pick up Japanese one-night-stand girls in Roppongi and visiting the usual tourist traps, you'd have seen all the crazy and fascinating artistic expressions and subcultures the society has to offer.

18. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

oh fuck it...

I had a very clever retort to your reply, then I realized I really don't want to get into a 200 reply flame war. Internet fighting is for losers.

Just let me say that we both went to Japan and gained different experiences and opinions on it. There's no right or wrong. You dug it, I didn't. End of story.

I'm never coming into this thread again so if you want to continue arguing with me, have fun by yourself.

19. Liquid_MAX

Self-improvement is like masturbation; at first it feels good, but then you realise you're just fucking yourself.

Just felt like saying that.

20. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Ah, Kurt Vonnegut. The pride of my home state. I usually get bored with fiction, but I read Breakfast Of Champions cover to cover in a day when I was high school. Holy shit that was 11 years ago. It's one of the funniest books I ever read. I assume that Mr. Ice-9 gets his handle from Cat's Cradle.

What the fuck is wrong with the guy bad mouthing Japan? I personally think it is kind of lame when a white person decides he is going to love all things Japanese, but that isn't to say that there is no reason that someone could want to live there. I was in Japan for a total of two days and I would love to go back.

When I returned to America after living in Taiwan for a year, I was walking around the airport and I couldn't help thinking, "Wow. Americans are really fat!" Then, as I watched drunk frat boy dipshits staggering around my college town I thought, "Wow, these guys are way more obnoxious than the Taiwanese people I was around." It was like reverse culture shock. You could find things to bitch about in any country. Anywhere you go, take the bad with the good, but why deride a whole country? It also sounds kind of racist, no matter how it was intended.