1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

button layout config.

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by wingchun_warrior, Jul 28, 2012.

1. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

whats the best button layout on a arcade stick i see alot of people use arcade 5 instead of arcade 1 which is the best.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It is because they have Virtua Stick High Grade.
    Back in VF5, sega screw up basic button layout in config. Then they release their own stick, for which the buttons where on proper places.
    And now all users of this stick are using arcade5 layout, because it is only reasonable settings they can use.

Arcade 1 is "the best"? Take VSHG and THEN try to repeate it [​IMG]

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You asked this question and was answered almost two months ago.

fight stick

Try using thumb on guard, index on punch, middle on kick. If you are not comfortable using your thumb try index, middle, ring fingers.

The arcade # presets have this in mind depending which joystick model you have. Arcade 1 I think is for MadCatz sticks. Arcade 2 should be for Hori brand sticks. Arcade 5 is for the Sega Virtua Stick High Grade.

Which stick do you have?

4. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

i have hori soul calibur v stick and gighting edge

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Those sticks are awesome! I think the standard/ideal (imo) layout is Arcade Stick 1.

Again, the reason the alternative layouts were used at Wednesday Night Fights is because everyone was using the awesome Virtua Stick High Grades at the event (which a certain SoCal player brought to the events).

6. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

What Shag said...