1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

California VFers

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by adamYUKI, Nov 19, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I hope myke you can make an exception to leave this post here for a few days to make sure it gets exposure incase some forum visitors only read the versus city board.

For all the California VFers this is Andy (CrewNYC), I wanted to find out if we can all meet up to play a few days this week since I just took an emergency trip out to Los Angeles. I dont get the opportunity to come out here that much and I will be staying until the afternoon of the 27th.

Spotlite, Jacybrothas, SegaDuck, Jason and whoever else can someone take me around to play some VF or would it be possible to organize a gathering here for us to play? Thanks guys!

CrewNYC

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

of course! The only VF4 machine I know about is at UCLA in Westwood.

I know Spotlite is there all the time :) I've been going mostly on Monday nights, but will come any time if there's some transcontinental challenge action in the offing...

So is a Monday night good for you?

grib.

3. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hey Grib, can someone post instructions, or can someone pick me up?? I'm in Downtown LA right now, I think I can make it tonight for like 2/3 hours max. I'm at my Bro's place unfortunately I would need a way to get there and a way to get back, but I would definately like to come play you and spotlite. Thanks!

CrewNYC

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Andy,

call me today before 6 at 323 871 1084. We'll get it together for tonight.

Spotlite

5. gribbly

I can't pick you up -- I don't have a car :) I'll be bussing it there myself. Sounds like spotlite is gonna sort you out, anyway. It'll be good to meet you.

Hey spotlite I was at X-Cape last night. Won a challenge fight against people who hadn't heard of VFDC. Some action on the machine. I then played CPU for the rest of the time... plenty of spectators, but I kept losing to Jeffry, which was kinda embarassing.

grib.

6. gribbly

Excellent Fighting

It was a pleasure to meet and fight, Andy. Your Jacky is very strong, and your Lau unstoppable. I hope our Jacky Vs. Pai bouts were as enjoyable for you as they were for me. Unless you were going easy on me, I felt that many of our matches were quite even, although overall you are the better fighter.

Spotlite, you are relentless and cruel! You're gonna have to explain the idea behind defending b,f+P+G, RBC. I was pushing u+G every time, figuring I'd have to be guarding in the right direction roughly 50% of the time. But it didn't seem to make any difference -- what am I doing wrong?

I really enjoyed playing with Pai's b+P+K+G (meishouho) and b+K, d (bokutai) stances. Some beautiful looking, almost totally useless, moves flow from there.

I was getting from one stance to the other with something like b+P+K+G, P, P, P... this would leave her in bukotai, and you could sweep (and presumably do other cool stuff) from there. Actually I just looked this up (that's why I know the names) and yeah that's the right input.

Anyway... much fun. How long are you in LA Andy -- perhaps we can fight again?

Heh, UCLA arcade is awesome -- the sodas are only $1 =]
    MMmmm... lemon diet coke...
    grib (cameron).

7. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Re: Excellent Fighting

Hey Cameron,

The fights we had were awesome! Many of them came very close with only one hit seperating the winner. f+p, and b+p with pai saved you many times :) I'll try and write a more comprehensive report when I get back to NY but before then lets get together to play some more! I will be here until next Tuesday so I can get together to play a few more times, brian said that he'll be able to play on wedesday since its usually his day off, want to get together then? For everyone else's information the UCLA arcade is awesome!!! This is what more arcades should be like. They had benches, the sound was just right, VF4 is very loud, and its setup on a huge projection TV. The sticks feel right too, i'm surprised that I got used to the SF layout of using short for guard, jab for punch, and strong for kick. I thought playing on a ninety degree angle, especially cause I use my index finger to guard instead of thumb, would be really hard but I actually found it to be pretty easy. Again awesome fights!

CrewNYC

8. gribbly

wednesday is no good for me, unfortunately. I have a prior engagement. Then I'm going away over Thanksgiving. But next Sunday and/or Monday looks good.

grib.

9. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Hey Cameron,

Just sent you a PM, can you play tonight at UCLA? Thanks,

Andy

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

Andy, Cameron

it's late tues. night. I'm still going tommorow afternoon. I'm at my girlfriend's house tonight, so if you want to call he here in the morning to set up times or a ride (andy) call me at 213 975 9562. I'll be here until about noon, so if I don't hear from you by then, I'll just head to UCLA most likely.

Bryan

11. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

See you guys at 3pm today!

CrewNYC

12. gribbly

I can't make it today :( Hopefully will catch you guys on the weekend or Monday night.

grib.